Let's Go Fly a Kite!
And learn a little math and science while we're at it!!
Join PA Virtual teachers for a lesson on kites... then build your own and make it fly!!!
When you think of March, do kites come to mind? What better way to enjoy this windy month than to come together, learn some math and science related to kites, choose a design, then build your own! Then we'll go outside and watch them fly!
Parents are welcome to help (especially the younger students), watch, or enjoy the beautiful grounds of the Welkinweir property (location of Green Valleys Association).
Kites! Kites! Kites!
Friday, March 22nd 2013 at 1-4pm
1368 Prizer Road
Things to Bring:
A jacket in case of cool weather (lesson & kite construction will take place indoors).
A water bottle (there are no drinking water facilities onsite)
A sense of adventure and enthusiasm!!!!
Students may record 90 minutes of Math AND 90 minutes of Science on the OLS for this outing.
* An adult chaperone must stay on-site for all PA Virtual events.
* All PA Virtual events are smoke-free.
* Pets should never be brought to PA Virtual events.
* To limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PA Virtual event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
* In consideration of our students with allergies, please refrain from bringing balloons or food containing nut products.