Ridgeview STEM Junior High School
March 12, 2021
From Mrs. Richardson
Hello Ridgeview families,
As we roll into March, we are continuing to get our classrooms ready for when all cohort students return to the building. Just a reminder that March 19th will be a virtual day for all students as our staff participating in the vaccines are getting their second dose. Teachers' availability may be altered depending on their appointment time.
How can we best support our students as we make this transition back to five days a week of school? The need to get back into a routine will be important. I know my own boys have a hard time sticking to a bed time at night on their virtual days and get up later than normal the next morning. We will be adjusting our sleep and wake times to get back into practice. Also, reminding them to power off their devices as our phones and internet have become vital ways of connecting with family and friends during this time. Turning them off about an hour before bed to help get good sleep will also help our students get into a routine.
STATE TESTING INFORMATION
When all in-person students return on April 5th, we will start our state testing that week. Please see our schedule and information below.
Your students will also be testing in the building. Please fill out this google form if your student will need transportation to/from Ridgeview for their testing dates. VLA students will be picked up at their regular morning bus route schedule and will be dropped off at their regular afternoon schedule.
After drop off:
- Students will need to go into the building at the athletic entrance. We will have a sign that says VLA students enter here.
- At 7:00 a.m., VLA students will go to the Auxiliary Gym to meet their VLA teachers.
- Students will be testing in our Auxiliary gym, or if small group is needed per their individual plan, they will be in classrooms.
- Our VLA students will be testing with only other VLA students and will not be mixed with our face to face students.
- VLA students will be served lunch at 10 AM. Students may get a lunch from the cafeteria or pack their own. They will be eating with the other VLA students and not with our face to face students.
VLA students will be taking both portions of their test on their assigned day below based on the class they are enrolled in. Students with extended time per their individual plan will be contacted with more specific instructions because they will need to come to the building both test subject days.
Here is the schedule for testing:
4/7: ELA 7
4/8: ELA 8/ELA 9
4/12: Math 7
4/12: Algebra 1
4/13: Math 8
4/27: Science 8/Integrated Science
2021-2022 Scheduling Information for Rising Freshman
This week students have been learning how to schedule for their upcoming 9th-grade year. Below are the resources they used to learn how to do this:
Freshman Scheduling Worksheet (this will help you plan for when you schedule)
All information regarding scheduling can be found in our PHSC Scheduling Hub. This is a centralized location for all things scheduling.
We have provided several opportunities to meet with your assigned High School counselors. You can view our Scheduling Timeline to see what opportunities are still available.
All schedule requests are due in Infinite Campus by 3/19/12. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact your assigned High School Counselor.
Thanks, PHSC School Counseling Staff
Say Something Week-March 15 through March 19, 2021
There are 3 steps to say something:
1. Recognize the signs
2. Act immediately, take it seriously
3. Say something
Softball: 3:00 - 4:30
Track: 3:00 - 4:30 (see more info below)
Baseball: 4:30 - 6:00
Boys Tennis: 6:00-7:00 (if indoors); 4:30 - 6:00 (if outside @ courts)
Lacrosse: 7:00 - 8:30
Key Participation Details:
1. CURRENT OHSAA physical must be on file to participate2. COVID athletic symptoms document must be completed daily prior to attending practices. See Final Forms email sent to registered athletes for the link to your sports form.
Parents, you are able to sign up for ALL SEASON's sports online. This will enable you to start receiving communications from the coach/program when anything is going on. Winter sports are starting some open gym workouts at this time.If you sign up now, you will receive all the necessary instructions for registration / physicals / communication from the coach prior to the start of the season. Visit Pickeringtontigers.net and click on "Final Forms" to register your athlete today. Also remember your athlete needs a current OHSAA physical on file. All athletic announcements and updates can be found at the website as well.
Order Your Yearbook-Deadline to Order Online is April 10, 2021
- To order your Ridgeview Yearbook please go to Yearbookordercenter.com and use the School Code 13607.
Odds and Ends
JUST SOME REMINDERS:
- Students should leave airpods/beats or other bluetooth devices such as those at home.
- Students should carry a spare mask in their bag. We have extras if the mask gets soiled as well.
- Students are reminded to turn cell phones off during the day and keep them in a safe place if they need to bring them to school. The district policy for K-8th grade is to have them off during school hours. We appreciate your support in this. If you need to reach your student, please contact the main office and we will have them come down to the office to call you.
- Students should bring a refillable water bottle to school as our water fountain mouth pieces have been turned off. We have bottle filling stations that they may use throughout the day. Students may also purchase a bottle of water through our vending machines for $1.25.
- Please see the bottom of the newsletter for links to: Free Meals on Virtual Days, Weekly Classroom Information, Parent Hub, Technology Troubleshooting, Virtual Attendance.
Sign Up for Meals on Virtual Days
The deadline is every Monday by 10am. FREE for ALL students
An important reminder: Please sign up weekly as this helps control food waste and monitor inventory levels.
The ODE Child Nutrition Department announced that all meals are free through June 2021! If you would like to receive breakfast and lunch for the days your student is virtual, please click on the correct link below to sign up. Remember that you need to do this every week.
Click here to see the Teacher Team Websites, Athletic Website, Parent University and so much more. USE THIS AS A ONE STOP INFORMATION HUB
Please read this important information on how your child needs to submit his or her attendance on virtual learning days.