AIS Friday Flash
Friday, April 3, 2020
Most Recent COVID-19 Communiqué
Please refer to the COVID Communiqué #8 sent out on Tue., 3/31 and Communiqué #9 sent out on Wed. 4/1. All COVID related updates can also be found at the bottom of the AIS homepage and the COVID-19 Information & Updates page. To summarize:
- AIS is currently at a RISK LEVEL 4 (HIGH RISK)
- The AIS campus closure has been extended through at least Sunday, May 3rd, 2020 in compliance with the state of Texas Executive Order GA-14. This campus closure may be extended.
- The AIS campus is closed to all outside rentals, vendors, and contacts through this date.
- AIS cleaning crews are completing a multi-week cleaning and disinfection process during the school's closure.
Distance Learning Thank You
This week marked the beginning of our distance learning. Teachers and students alike were very excited to start and see one another. It is definitely not the same as the pleasure to be at school and interacting in person but we were looking forward and thankful to be able to implement our plan. We acknowledge that all families have different constraints and we appreciate your patience, the time you have invested in helping your child and all the work that your child has already completed on Seesaw and Google Classroom. They have already been working on language activities, math, PE, music, art, etc. Our goal to provide continuity of learning is happening thanks to your essential participation and help. In these times, we couldn't be more thankful for our wonderful community, your support and active engagement. As every new process and system, it takes an adjustment from all of us, and there will most likely be improvements along the way. We deeply thank you for your contribution to the success of our distance learning.
How are you doing? How are you keeping your kids engaged? Are you finding time for yourselves to unwind? We would love for you to share photos of your experiences and at-home learning. You may add a google doc with a quick anecdote or story, post a cool video, or upload family and student pictures here on our AIS Community at Home. As you share, we will pass some of it along here over the upcoming weeks to help us stay connected with each other.
UPDATE-Progress Reports and Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Progress Reports. We were originally scheduled to send progress reports to families on Wednesday, April 1st. Because our team needed to shift our focus to preparing for AIS Distance Learning, it means that we have had to move progress reports to the back burner for a bit. We still have some proofreading and grade checks to do, so these will be sent at a later date. We will send you an email as soon as we have the new date for the issuance of progress reports.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences. Our Parent-Teacher Conferences originally scheduled for April 9th and 10th will no longer take place as planned. We will communicate information once finalized. You may have mistakenly received a system-generated notice to signup for a conference starting Saturday 4/4. Please disregard this notice.
At Home Resources
Review last week's flash for more At Home Resources. At AIS, we are also energized from stories of kindness going on around the globe. One of our AIS Core Values is generosity. We strive for our AIS graduates to be generous. In learning about others, we learn about their needs, hopes, and desires. Our generosity of heart encourages us to support one another. Here are a few links you might enjoy.
- CNN Challenges for kindness
- Teen ZoomFoodDelivers
- 8 Stories of Kindness
- Kindness 101 kid classes with Steve Hartman
Early Enrollment Deadline Ends Sun., 4/5
We understand that priorities are on the day to day during this time and in adjusting to new routines in the ever-evolving COVID landscape. We are here for you and will be here for the 2020-2021 school year. If you have not yet re-enrolled, check your inboxes for a RenWeb email which went out today with more information.
- Deposits usually due upon processing have been extended to 4/30.
- Please reach out to April or Mathilde if you have individual circumstances to discuss.
Instructions for registration:
- Log into your Family Portal (ParentsWeb)
- Access the "Apply/Enroll" feature on the left scroll bar, then click "Enrollment/Re-enrollment".
- Click on the "Click here to open enrollment" message on the right to begin.
- Financial Aid applications may also be submitted through FACTS after you register in RenWeb.
Student April Birthdays
Happy Birthday, bon anniversaire, and feliz cumpleanos to the following students with April birthdays: Micaela Z., Paisley H., Fiona C., Manning L., Aroa M., Lorraine S., Audrey K., Amelia H., Samantha B., Anna H., Alina S., Alexander N., & Joshua N.
Save the dates
All school functions and events originally scheduled through the school closure (currently May 3rd) have been canceled. Some events may be reconfigured to virtual or moved to a future date. We will keep you updated.