Swansfield Library Battle of Books
Online Team Registration Begins October 18
IMPORTANT DATES for the 2017 competition
- Informational Meeting: October 18, 2016 and October 20, 2016 at 7pm at HCLS Miller Branch (410-313-7750)
- Online Registration: October 21, 2016 – November 4, 2016. When registering, the online form requires the registration of five students and will not be accepted with less than five initial team members. Team notifications will occur on Monday, November 7.
- Mandatory coach meetings: Three options all taking place at HCLS Miller Branch (410-313-7750) – November 15, 2016 @ 7 pm, OR November 17, 2016 @ 7pm OR November 19, 2016 @ 11 am. Each team’s set of books will be distributed at the mandatory coach meeting they attend.
- Mandatory logistics meetings: Three options – March 21, 23, OR March 30, 2016, 7pm at HCLS Miller Branch (410-313-7750).
- Last Day to Change Team Info & Permission Forms Due: February 10, 2017.
- Battle of the Book Contest: Friday, April 21, 2017, 7pm at various high schools.
Look in the October 17th Monday folder: You will see the names of kids listed who have indicated they are interested in forming teams. These teams are not official. The listing indicates INTEREST and it is by nature "Mix and Match" at this stage: Anything can happen & that is the fun of BOB!
If you want to join any of the forming teams---let those kids know of your interest. If you would like to start a team--perhaps some of the kids will want to JOIN YOU! This is all mix and match at this stage and any student may participate or start a team. You need 5 team members for your coach to register your team. FYI Swansfield school librarians do not place kids on teams. We hope children take the initiative and the challenge to form their own teams! Good Luck and Happy Reading to All!
Ms. Smith, Ms. Kinlock and Mrs. Dogra, The Swansfield Library Media Team
So Far Our Casual Team Listings have been sent out with the Monday Folders, October 17th. The list ( as it is forming and a work in progress) It is attached to a page that looks like this website.