Teacher iPad Turn-In/Purchase
Please read all details of iPad Turn-In/Purchase Carefully!
All Teacher iPads must be Turned In or Purchased!
- Option 1 - Turning in the iPad - if your iPad is not damaged or defective (not including normal wear and tear and known factory defects), you must turn in your iPad, charging cord, and brick the day we are on your campus. If your iPad has damage, you must pay for the damage with a MONEY ORDER payable to CHISD - $50 for a cracked screen, $10 for a missing brick, $10 for a damaged/missing cord, $110 stolen/lost.
- Option 2 - Purchasing an iPad - if you choose, you can purchase an iPad for $110 (sales tax included) - you will need to bring your iPad (see above, about paying for damage, you must pay for damage and/or lost iPad before you can purchase an iPad), and a MONEY ORDER made payable to CHISD for $110.00. Because the iPads need to be imaged and cleared from our system, you will be turning in your iPad and you will receive an iPad that is already imaged and ready for distribution. You will also need to sign an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) that states that you are purchasing the iPad as is, no warranty, and that it will no longer be serviced by CHISD Technology.
Regardless of the option you choose, if you have damage, have a lost or stolen iPad, or plan to purchase the iPad, you must have a MONEY ORDER (no cash, no checks, no credit cards will be accepted) payable to CHISD for the amount you owe, the day we are on your campus. You will be expected to turn in your iPad. If you purchase an iPad, you will be issued one at the same time you turn yours in.
iPad Turn-in Locations and Times
- 7:30-2:30 Bray Elementary
- 3:00-4:00 Plummer Elementary
- 7:30-2:30 Collegiate High School
- 7:30-2:30 Ninth Grade Center
- 3:00-4:00 High Pointe Elementary
- 7:30-2:30 Highlands Elementary
Friday, May 15
- 2:30-4:00 Waterford Oaks
- 7:30-2:30 Bessie Coleman Middle School
- 3:00-4:00 Permenter Middle School
Tuesday, May 19
- 3:00-4:00 Joe Wilson Intermediate
Wednesday, May 20
- 7:30-2:30 Lake Ridge Elementary
- 3:00-4:00 West
- 7:30-4:00 Cedar Hill High School
FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)
- I do not have a district issued iPad. Can I purchase an iPad? At this time, we are only selling iPads to teachers who currently have one. Once the initial iPad Turn-in/Purchase period is over, we will evaluate our inventory and allow other district staff to purchase an iPad.
- Can I purchase more than 1 iPad? During the initial iPad Turn-in/Purchase period, teachers may only purchase the 1 iPad. After we evaluate our inventory, we may offer teachers the opportunity to purchase up to 2 more additional iPads.
- What will happen to the apps I purchased? Your apps are tied to your Apple ID. When you log into a new iPad with your Apple ID, you will have the option to download previously purchased apps.
- After I purchase an iPad, will CHISD assist with technical issues? No. Once you purchase the iPad, CHISD is no longer going to support the device.
- Can I write a check or pay cash? No. We are only accepting MONEY ORDERS made payable to CHISD.