The Waldron Weekly ‘21-'22
SUSD's 2021-2022 Calendar
Anasazi Upcoming Events
Sept 16 – District Recess
Sept 20-Oct 3 - Virtual Scholastic Book Fair
Sept 21 – Site Council 3:30pm
Sept 24 – All Star Assembly 8:55am
Sept 29 – Early Release 1:15pm
Virtual Scholastic Book Fair: September 20th - October 3rd, 2021
Get ready for our Scholastic Book Fair next month! Our fall book fair will be online and will help our students discover new books, favorite characters, and more! Every purchase will earn our school 25% in rewards for much needed resources and help our classroom libraries grow!
Anasazi Kindness Project
During the month of August, Anasazi was able to complete 601 acts of kindness! The students did a wonderful job. If you are interested in learning more about our Kindness Project please visit our PYP Parent Portal - Anasazi in Action.
In September, students will be taking Action with a focus on inquiry and curiosity.
***PARENT/GUARDIAN ACTION REQUIRED***
Interested in purchasing a school device protection plan? Please see the forms below.
Anasazi Family Handbook
Scottsdale Parent Council
From the Desk of our Community Specialist
As you know there are a few deadlines soon approaching. Evictions will begin to take place in our community. Should your family be going through a rough time, please give me the chance to provide you with resources that can help a little in these trying times.
Also, the week before our Fall Break, we will be having two (2) food distribution events. One will take place on October 5th at the McKellips warehouse for the police department, and the other one will be held on October 7th at the Church of Nazareth. Once registered, you will be provided with exact date, time, and location of the events. Please contact me at 480-484-4614 to be put in the list/s. It is very important for me to have names so that we can arrange for the proper amount to distribute to our families.
There is no judgement nor compromise. We keep the upmost confidentiality.
Hope to be of service soon.
Families please call me to DCMS at (480) 484-4600 X 4614 if interested in any of the following:
- Deadline to register for food boxes is September 24, 2021. Boxes will be distributed October 6 and 7 at two different locations.
- Deadline to register for the Turkey Distribution the Monday before Thanksgiving is November 10, 2021.
- Deadline to register in the Saint Patrick's Christmas "Adopt a Family" Program is October 29, 2021.
- At this time SUSD schools are not having volunteers on campuses. Anasazi LOVES. LOVES, LOVES our volunteers and we miss you greatly. We will communicate volunteer and visitor changes as they emerge.
- Only items related to academics may be dropped off in the office. No lunches or water bottles are to be dropped off. Students who forget a lunch will be provided one for free.
- Parents/Guardians are unable to eat in the cafeteria with their children at this time.
A reminder that if your child will not be at school for the day, please call the attendance line 480-484-7360.
Reminders from Nurse Renee
Please keep your child home if he or she has any of the COVID-like symptoms listed below, even if your child only has one of them and you attribute it to a minor cold or allergies. Discuss with Nurse Renee prior to sending your child to school:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
UPDATES from CAFE
FREE meals for ALL – The USDA has extended the waiver to allow for ALL in person learners at SUSD to receive FREE breakfast and lunch daily, throughout the entire 2021/2022 school year! We will also offer FREE after school snacks daily to the students enrolled in after school programs here at SUSD. This means ALL students, PK–12 will not be charged for any meal throughout this entire year.
BE SURE TO CONNECT WITH US!
Our Mission - Anasazi is a diverse learning community committed to fostering a rigorous, compassionate, and inquiry-based environment, that empowers students to be globally competitive in a complex and changing world.
Our Vision - Empower and inspire each child to become life-long learners, within a culture of academic excellence, creativity and critical thinking, to take action and serve in our global community.