InstaB Snap & Share Contest
Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to all information collected by ICON MOBI SOLUTION (The Promoter) and ITS RELATED COMPANIES as a data controller and as a co-owner of information where the promoter operates COMPETITIONS for its clients and OTHER partners.
2. By entering the "InstaB - Snap & Share facebook contest” skill-based competition(the Competition):
a. You acknowledge that you have read and understood these terms and conditions of entry (the Terms) which include information on how to enter, how the winner will be determined, the prizes, and how personal data will be collected, retained, used and shared; and
b. You expressly agree to be bound by the Terms, including in particular those relating to the collection, retention, use and sharing of personal data; and.
3. By entering the Competition, you also confirm that you do not breach any law in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering the Competition. The Promoter will not be responsible for any entrant entering the Competition unlawfully or otherwise in breach of local law. You are advised to check or seek advice on your local law before entering the Competition.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to:
a. Amend or vary any of the Terms at any time without prior notice and by entering the Competition you agree to any such amended Terms. If the Promoter amends or varies any Term relating to the collection, retention, use and/or sharing of personal data that has already been collected, such amendments and/or variations will be posted on our website at https://www.facebook.com/instabforbaby, where you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of the new use(s) of such data; and
b. Terminate or disqualify any entrant’s entry for the Competition or reclaim any Prize(s) at any time if it is the opinion of the Promoter that there has been a breach of any of the Terms by such entrant (whether discovered during or after the end of the Competition).
Entry to the Competition
5. Entry to the Competition is open to anyone who:
a. Resides in Malaysia only;
b. Visits the InstaB For Baby Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/instabforbaby;
c. If they have not already done so, clicks the “like” button on the InstaB For Baby Facebook page; and
d. Participants have to upload their baby photo generated using InstaB iPhone App (https://itunes.apple.com/my/app/id609433339) and tag "InstaB For Baby" Facebook Page on the photo.
e. Upload or attach files that the user has the appropriate rights under intellectual property laws.
f. does not violate the rights of others (such as privacy rights).
g. by no means express hatred towards others with defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar, depicting violence, or illegal acts relating content (including references to religion, race/ethnicity, gender, nationality, or political beliefs.)
Interactions with InstaB For Baby Facebook Page, must comply the followings
6. Notwithstanding the above, where your entry in the Competition is prohibited or restricted by law or otherwise in your place of residence, it shall be completely void.
7. All entries must be received during the Competition Period. You may enter the Competition with multiple entries, however, one winner only entitled for one prize.
8. No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
9. The Promoter is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, and communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple email addresses or aliases may be disqualified.
10. Entries not fully complying with these conditions of entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. This competition is a skill based game; chance plays no part in determining the winner/s. Each valid entry will be individually judged (by representatives of the Promoter) based on, among other things, literary and creative merit. The judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Competition is open from 00:00 hours on 29 April 2013 to 00:00:00 hours on 13 May 2013 (Malaysia time) (the Competition Period). The Competition Period is subject to change at the absolute discretion of the Promoter,
12. Announcement of winners will be on 19 May 2013.
13. Any entry submitted after the close of the Competition Period shall be void.
14. The person who uploaded the picture with the most LIKE and most creative, as determined by the judges will win a prize. The prize(s) for the Competition is a gift voucher for Babyland.my worth RM100. The Prize(s) will be allocated to the winners at the absolute discretion of the Promoter. The Prize(s) may be subject to variation at the discretion of the Promoters and the Promoters may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any change and decision made by the Promoter shall be final and binding upon every entrant in the Competition.
15. The Prize(s) for the Competition will be given to the winner(s) as set out in the Terms. The winner(s) must accept their Prize(s) in that form. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, non-refundable and not exchangeable for cash credit or kind, either in part or in full except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoter. The Prize(s) cannot be sold or bartered. There is no refund for any unused or partially used Prize(s).
16. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to deal with any unclaimed Prize(s) in any manner.
17. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for any failure or breach by any party in connection with the Competition and/or Prize(s) and accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by an entrant arising from the Competition or Prize(s).
18. In all cases the Promoter will not be held liable if any Prize(s) does not reach the winner for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control.
19. The Prize(s) are subject to:
a. any rules and regulations pertaining to the claiming of prizes in the country where each winner is a resident; and
b. the terms and conditions of any third party supplier of the Prize(s).
20. The winners may be liable for any expenses not specified on the description of the Prize(s).
21. The judges’ decisions as to any matter relating to the Competition, including but not limited to any entry eligibility, the winning entry(ies) and the winner(s), will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into about the Competition or the judges’ decisions.
22. Any winner(s) of the Competition may, at no cost to the Promoter, be requested to participate in public relations events tied to any campaign of which the Competition forms a part, to generate press coverage of the Competition and/or that campaign. This may include, but not be limited to, quotes given for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews, photographic shoots, etc.
23. By participating in the Competition, the entrants:
a. agree to the use of their name and/or likeness, without compensation, by the Promoter and/or any party authorized by the Promoter; and
b. grant the Promoter and any party authorized by the Promoter an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free right and licence to use any material submitted as a part of their entry into the Competition (the Works) in any manner, for any purpose the Promoter may see fit, in all forms of media now known or hereafter invented;
c. to the fullest extent permitted by law, waive any moral rights or similar rights they may have in the Works or any part thereof throughout the world; and
d. undertake not to object to any use of the Works by the Promoter or any party authorized by the Promoter.
24. By entering the Competition, YOu EXPRESSLY agree to THE PROMOTER’S DATA POLICY, WHICH IS SET OUT BELOW.
25. Entrants shall indemnify the Promoter, its agents, employees, representatives, associates, affiliates, parent and subsidiary companies against any and all claims, losses, costs, damages, liability and/or expenses arising out of the entrant’s breach of any of the Terms.
26. Each entrant, by entering the Competition, expressly releases the Promoter from any claim, action or demand arising out of or in connection with the Competition or their Prize(s), if any. In particular, each entrant acknowledges that elements of the Prize(s) may be provided by third parties over whom the Promoter has no control, and acknowledges that the Promoter has no responsibility or liability for any costs, losses or damages resulting from any factors beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
27. The Promoter shall not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entrants' information. This will include but is not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of: any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
28. If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to the reasons of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
Your entry into the Competition requires you to provide certain personal information (including, but not limited to, your name, email address and/or telephone number) (Data). If you do not provide your Data, your entry into the Competition will be invalid and you will not be able to participate in the Competition.
This data policy describes how the Promoter will deal with your Data.
Retention of Data
1. The Promoter:
a. will not retain the Data longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which the Data was provided;
b. will take such steps as are reasonably practical to protect the Data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction; and
c. may store and/or transfer the Data outside the country in which you reside or in which the Data was collected.
Use of Data
2. The Promoter:
a. may use the Data for purposes of the Competition. This may include displaying the Data on or through the internet;
b. may use the Data for such promotional, marketing, publicity, research, profiling, authentication and verification purposes as the Promoter sees fit, including but not limited to the promotion of the Promoter’s business, products and services;
c. may provide the Data to such affiliates and unaffiliated third parties as the Promoter sees fit (including but not limited to agents, contractors, promoters, service providers, prize suppliers and as required by applicable law);
d. may authorize such affiliates and third parties to use the data for such promotional, marketing, publicity, research, profiling, authentication and verification purposes as such affiliates and third parties see fit, including but not limited to the promotion of their respective businesses, products and services; and
e. will not use the Data for any purpose other than those specified above.
3. In relation to 2(b) and 2(d) above, you consent to being sent promotional and/or marketing material and/or offers via email, sms, direct mail, telephone or otherwise from Promoter, its affiliates and unaffiliated third parties.
Contacting the Promoter
4. You may submit any request or any complaint relating to the competition by email to: mailto:email@example.com