Belong. Inspire. Grow.
Straight from the Hardt
Hello Ridgeline Families-- It’s Go Time! We’re excited and ready to get our students on campus September 7th, at our regular 7:45 start time. BUT… this is not just a regular day—it’s the first day of school! We’ve had the fortune to enjoy so many special “firsts” through our brief history, and we’ve learned that you can’t take those moments for granted. With that, I have REVISED our first day plans slightly. If you read my newsletter last week I stated we were not going to have an all-school assembly in the stadium at the start of the day. Well… I changed my mind. For good reason. Staff members and students who learned of this news reached out to me and reminded me of how we do things here at Ridgeline. And as I mentioned, we celebrate important moments, and the first day holds all the magic and mystery worthy of acknowledging. Therefore—we WILL be having an all-school assembly in the stadium the morning of September 07. The gates open at 7:15am, and the assembly starts at 7:45. Don’t worry, we make accommodations for students and parents who need to get into the building for specific business, and breakfast will be served-- otherwise we divert all students to the stadium. You can plan that when you’re dropping off your child-- have them head straight to the stadium. Same for bus riders and drivers. We built transition time into our schedule so we can move all 1500 students back into the building and head to Advisory where they will start their day Thursday, Friday, and Monday.
REMINDER: traffic volumes have increased again this year with student driver numbers growing and larger classes at all grades. Please build extra time into your morning “valet experience”. Maybe set a goal with your kids this year to have them out of the car with their feet on campus by 7:30? That would go a long way this year to reducing our thousands of first period tardies from last year.
Big Action starts tonight in a football match up with Central Valley. If you don’t have any plans, bring the family out and support your Falcons! Should be a great game and it’s shaping up to be a beautiful evening for football. Our Boosters will be selling concessions AND they just got a huge shipment of Ridgeline swag! So, if you’re wanting some new gear to represent, tonight will be a great time to stock up! High school students get in FREE, as we have not issued ASB cards yet. All other adults and children pay the regular rate. You are encouraged to purchase a GSL Pass that covers all sports, and all regular season competitions for all GSL teams. Here’s the online link: https://shopgsl.com/ . I heard there is a Barbie movie theme for the game tonight, in case you want to get dressed up!
Stay informed, read the weekly Falcon Flyer.
Together, let’s make this a great year! In the meantime, make it a great weekend! –Mr. Hardt
Schedules were released on Friday August 25th and with this early release, there are a few important reminders:
- Student Schedules are not final: We expect to be welcoming many new students next week, and with our very full schedule, it may require classes to move to accommodate every student’s needs. We will suggest checking schedules again the night before the first day to be sure students are know their official schedule.
- Schedule change requests: At this time we will not be taking schedule change requests, as our counselors’ priority, next week, is enrolling our new students before the first day. However, there are two kinds of considerations our counselors will want to know about.
- Schedules that include a missing period (i.e.: no 3rd period)
- Schedules that have a wrong course according to a student’s transcript (i.e.: placed in Geometry but needs Pre-Calculus). This is not a preference course, it is a transcript/graduation mistake/requirement.
- New Limitations: This year has brought new challenges to our master schedule. Over the summer, counselors have successfully completed schedules working within tight parameters. Moving individual courses in a student’s schedule, could result in losing important core courses (graduation requirements), which we will be actively trying to avoid. This means, you may hear “we can’t move that” more often than years prior. We apologize, but want you to know this is the reality.
- Start of Year Schedule Change Process: Once school starts, our counselors typically work off of a 3-3-3 schedule for course changes.
- 3 –Sept 7, 8, 11
- Only students with missing periods, or in the wrong course sequence can request assistance.
- These students can report to their counselors, at school, during the period that is empty or wrong.
- 3 – Sept 12, 13, 14*
- Students may complete a schedule change form** for other changes. (Last day for requests is Sept 14)
- *NOTE: This is subject to change, depending on ability to make adjustments for students.
- TBD: If we will be able to offer this, and what the form will look like may change. (i.e.: paper, Google, etc.)
- 3 – Sept 15, 18, 19*
- Counselors work with student requests and finalize rosters for teachers.
- *NOTE: This time frame may be shorter than 3 days depending on changes.
- Lunch: Lunches are determined by the student’s 4th period. Upper level takes 1st lunch, lower level takes 2nd lunch. Sometimes we have exceptions, and the student’s 4th period teacher will notify the class if it is changed.
For more information and updates, please be sure to watch our weekly newsletters.
Falcons Fall Mini Cheer Camp... limited spots left!
Join the Ridgeline Falcon Cheerleaders for a mini cheer camp and performance Sept 13th and 15th!
Clinic: Weds Sept 13, 6-8 pm, RHS gym (Doors open at 5:30)
Performance: Friday, Sept 15, half-time of the varsity Football game v Mead (game starts at 7pm; optional cheer warm up in the gym at 6pm)
Who: Kids ages K-5th grade
Cost: $50.00 per camper
Registration open until 9/10 or until we reach 100 campers
*Campers get a pink cheer T-shirt and green pom poms! **T-shirt sizes are first come, first served
***One adult per camper receives free entry to the football game
Special thanks to DaBell and Paventy Orthodontics for their support!
Our Falcon Link Crew leaders welcomed over 400+ of incoming freshmen for orientation on Wednesday night. With incredible activities and lessons designed to connect and build lasting relationships, our leaders shined and showed our 9th graders what it means to be a Falcon. Welcome class of 2027.
New Students grades 10-12 or any freshmen that misses orientation
We are hosting an open house, drop-in style event, for all NEW 10-12 grade students and freshmen who may have missed orientation.
September 6 (day before school) from 12-3:00. Students will have an opportunity for a guided tour of the building from current student leaders. There is no scheduled program, so come by anytime and plan on about 20 minutes for your visit.
It’s a great opportunity to find your way around and ask lots of questions of your tour guide about what to expect as a student at Ridgeline High School!
Interested in Robotics at Ridgeline High School?
Our first official practice is September 7th from 2:30 until 5:30pm in Mr. Dailey's room E109.
We also have the pleasure to host this year’s Kick-Off Event on Saturday September 9th for the FTC Robotics 2023 Season. All are welcome!
8:45 – Noon (Will likely end earlier than Noon)
Video is live at 9 am worldwide. Following the game reveal, we will have the new field set up for local teams and coaches to get their first look at this year’s game field. Furthermore, we will have some breakout sessions with local teams following the live game release video.
Community Members are welcome.
Students Interested in RHS Robotics should attend.
Link for more information:
Please email Mr. Dailey with any questions
All Freshmen are assigned a locker and locker & combination information will be provided in your back to school packets!
If you student (grades 10-12) would like a locker, please click the link below!
You're invited to our 1st Football Game of the season
Join us TONIGHT, September 1st for Ridgeline's first football game! We will have Kona Ice & Iced Out Coffee available for purchase.
You're invited to our 1st football game of the season! We will have Kona Ice & Iced Out Coffee available for purchase! Game begins at 7pm!
All Ridgeline and Central Valley High School students will get in FREE.
All other guests will be charged regular ticket prices: $10 adults, $5 Seniors and K-8 students. We now accept credit/debit cards! Convenience fee is added to card purchases.
Game starts at 7pm 💚🏈🤍
You are encouraged to purchase your GSL Pass in our business office or online (click link below).
Boosters need your help!
Hey Parents- Boosters need your help with Fall Concessions! Please sign up to help!
Online stores- order now!
Business Office Hours
The Business office is open from 7:00-2:30 during normal school days. We are CLOSED from 12:30-1:30 for lunch. If you need assistance during that time you can call 509-558-3809 and our Business Office will get back to you as soon as possible, or for online payments please follow the steps below.
You can pay online by going to cvsd.org then complete the following steps:
- Student/Parent Resources
- Online Payments
- Click the Online Payments TouchBase link
- Username: Your students school ID #
- Password: Students last name capitalizing the first letter
- Click on student’s name
- Under Shop click Pay Fines/Fees then follow the instructions from there
FOR NUTRITION PAYMENTS: Once you have clicked on your student’s name the nutrition balance will show at the top. Type the amount into the fillable box that says Nutrition Services then click Buy. Go to the checkout cart and complete payment. For any questions or discrepancies, please contact them directly at 509-558-5414
1st day of school- September 7th
Save the Date- Class of 2024 - Senior Sunrise
Calling all Seniors! We will be meeting Friday, September 8th on the east side of the building in the staff parking lot at 6:00 AM on September 8th for Senior Sunrise. We will be providing donuts and juice, too!
Hey Falcons- stop by Wendy's on September 8th from 4:30-6:30pm
Ridgeline students- James Hesler and Katherine Figueroa-Lopez have Been Awarded National Recognition!
Congratulations to Ridgeline students- James Hesler and Katherine Figueroa-Lopez who have been Awarded National Recognition from the College Board.
These students earned this academic honor because of their GPA of 3.5 or higher and outstanding performance on the PSAT/NMSQT®, PSAT™ 10, and/or AP® Exams. They can now list this honor on applications to stand out to colleges.
National African American Recognition Award (NAARA)
National Hispanic Recognition Award (NHRA)
National Rural and Small Town Award (NRSTA)
National Indigenous Award (NIA)
We are so proud of you both!
School Picture Day- September 12th
Save the date for school photos on September 12th. Packets will be distributed in the 1st day of school welcome packets.
You can also order online using code: FAL222697