5th Grade News!
For the Week of November 17-21
- Examining characters and summarizing folktales (including myths, fables, fairy tales, and legends)
- Writing a historical narrative: researching, choosing characters, and planning
**Grammar quiz on Friday - Dialogue (study and review in class)**
- Using division to solve problems (multi-digit)
**Division assessment on Friday, November 21**
- Exploring changes to the earth's surface, including weathering and erosion
**Weather, erosion, and fossil quiz on Friday, November 21**
- Identifying powers given to national and state governments
- Exploring importance of US symbols
Also, practice your math facts daily.
Reading - One menu item due Friday, November 21
Information and News
Our Scholastic book fair is going on during the week of November 17-21. Each class will be able to go to the library during a scheduled time for shopping and purchasing. All of our students were able to preview the book fair today (Friday, November 14) and make a Wish List.
The book fair will be open Tuesday night from 5:30-8:00 and daily from 8:00-5:00.
The word of the week is photograph. Ask your child to use this in a sentence and look for examples of use in everyday conversation.
If you purchased Packpons, here are the dates for the remainder of the PackPon days. Your teachers have a list of all the students who bought them at the beginning of the year. You may still purchase packpons - bring $5 to school! :)
Board Games – 11/21
Extra Recess - 11/24
Hat Day – 12/5
Sunglasses – 12/16
5th Grade Team Members
Willie Manning - WillieRManning@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Longoria - JulieALongoria@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Hernandez - JulieRHernandez@KATYISD.ORG
Nichole Howard - NicholeCHoward@KATYISD.ORG
Jennifer Counter - JenniferTCounter@KATYISD.ORG
Kailey Miller - KaileyMiller@KATYISD.ORG
Abbie Artley - AbigailEArtley@KATYISD.ORG