By Anthony Patella
Signs and Symptoms of Depression
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness, or hopelessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in usual activities, including sex
- Difficulty concentrating and complaints of poor memory
- Insomnia or oversleeping
- Appetite changes, which may include weight gain or loss
- Fatigue, lack of energy
- Thoughts of suicide or death
- Slow speech; slow movements
- Negative feelings and mood
- Negative thinking
- Low energy and motivation
- Physical symptoms
- Social Withdrawing
How does Depression affect the person?
- It effects their emotions and moods
- It may also effect someone physically, causing body aches and pains
How is Depression Treated?
Talk Therapy: helps understand emotions, identify and overcome negative thinking patterns, develop more positive ways of looking at things and build the confidence to deal with life’s struggles.
Depression is experienced as anxiety 65 percent of the time. Make sure you get an accurate diagnosis, so you can get the most effective treatment available