Did you know that the Parent Portal is a really useful tool for you to keep up with what's going on in your child's academic endeavors. It allows you to view their grades, absences and attendance, see assignments or upcoming exams, and receive notifications. If you have questions about Parent Portal you can contact your child's school and they will provide you with the information needed to be able to use Parent Portal. If you already have an account but need help knowing how to use Parent Portal click the link below for the user guide.
Parent Advisory Council
Thank you to those who took part in our Spring Survey!
District Advisory Council -DAC meeting
PIC me! PIC me!
Stacey is the PIC at LMS. She continues to come up with creative ways to make a difference there. It was Stacey's idea to create the benchmark packets so that parents and students would know more about their academic progress. She also spends hours writing in each child's benchmark scores! She has put together family engagement activities such as STEAM night and Math breakout rooms to engage our families. She is a huge help to me and everyone around her!
Stacey and Amy work together to help our middle school family engagement programs be the best! If you want to be involved at the middle schools they would love to have you!
A district update from our Title I Director Gina Haynes
It consists of 4 main structures:
- Planning for quality instruction-Plan and Determine how students show what they know and that they can do the skill.
- Delivering quality instruction-Guiding teachers in teaching content and providing feedback to improve their craft.
- Monitoring student progress-Review data and determine if students are mastering the content and if not then changing instruction to meet the needs of the students.
- Refining the instructional process-Examining how we can improve the processes we have in place.
Trends and Patterns
- Continuously revising the RTI process
- Providing a district common instructional Framework-essential standards, Common Assessments, and student learning targets.
- The need to strengthen academic rigor
- Provide ongoing Professional Learning for technology, Common Formative Assessments, and Professional Learning Communities
- Continual updates with technological devices
- Need to analyze data and examine professional practice to ensure the alignment of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns feel free to email Mrs. Haynes at Ghaynes@catoosa.k12.ga.us
District Family Engagement
District Family Engagement Coordinator Regina Bacon email@example.com
Title I Director GIna haynes firstname.lastname@example.org