AP and Dual Credit Resource Center
Everything you need to know about AP and Dual Credit Courses
Benefits of All College Credit Programs
- Save Money! Along with our higher education partners, Richardson ISD can help you save on the cost of AP testing, college tuition, and college textbooks.
- Provides you with the opportunity to experience the rigor and intellectual challenges of college classes.
- Earn college credits while simultaneously taking high school graduation courses.
- Enhance ability and skills for students to do college work and aid students in gaining confidence for college success.
- Some courses may be offered as AP and/or Dual Credit, choose the option that is best for you!
Definition of Credits
College/university classes are taught in a variety of methods and offered throughout the day to serve students.
Advanced Placement (AP) College Credit
Advanced Placement is a program overseen by College Board which allows students to take college-level courses on their high school campus. Students have an opportunity to earn college credit and/or qualify for more advanced classes when they begin college. AP exams that are administered each spring have associated fees.
Lincoln Dual Credit
Students can take multiple courses as their schedules allow. Additional fees do apply to earn college credit.