Week ending November 17
Posters to help all our learners with feelings and behaviors
All classes had discussions on feelings, what you can do when you feel that way, and what are acceptable/non acceptable behaviors
Calling All Heritages!
Parents/Families: Do you remember a game from your childhood? From your heritage or country? A fun activity for kids?? We invite you to share with the students at ESS! Our school is planning a day of fun for February 29, 2024!!
Let us know if you have a game/activity to share with your child's class or grade level. We are looking for volunteers to come to school and teach us FUN in a unique way
Click on the link here to sign up-https://forms.gle/bMTpLhqp81eYtFZw6
VORS Focus for November-Teamwork
If you see your child showing teamwork at home, please use this link to let us know! Please be specific in how they are showing it at home
Please do not fill in any other months but November and Teamwork
Updated Breakfast information
Hello Shelton Families -
As you know, the Shelton Public School System offers breakfast and lunch meals to be purchased daily through our cafeteria food service program.
Families who apply and are found eligible may receive free or reduced-priced meals. There are no free meals for those students whose families have not applied through the process nor have been approved for free or reduced-priced meals.
Beginning Monday, November 6th, any student who has an outstanding balance in their lunch account will not be permitted to receive breakfast.
Money can be added to your child’s lunch account through the Infinite Campus portal. If you have any questions about your child’s account or applying for the free or reduced program, you may contact your child’s school office.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
This week's news:
We had an excellent lock down drill this week. Everyone remembered what to do and what was expected of them-great job!
There will not be a newsletter next week.
I wish you all the best for a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday-enjoy the time with family and friends
Have a great weekend and Thanksgiving holiday --Mrs. Weber
- The students are continuing to work hard each day. I am so impressed with the progress both academically and behaviorally-keep up the good work!
- Please be sure you send your child dressed for outdoor recess each day-we will go outside for recess each day unless it is actively raining or snowing. If your child comes to school without a coat, there are many available in the lost and found for them to put on
- If you send your child to school in rain or snow boots, they must have a change of shoes with them. Those boots are very warm and bulky to wear all day long
- Please be sure your child finishes any donuts/breakfast foods, coffees or Starbucks drinks prior to arriving at school. We have so many allergies in classrooms-we need to keep everyone safe-thank you
- We are continuing to have a problem with parent drop off and pick up parking. You may NOT park in the fire lanes-it is a hazard. Also you may NOT move the cones that are set up to prevent access. The police have noticed and mentioned that they may be ticketing cars if the practice continues-this is for the safety of all involved
Please be sure your child is in school appropriate footwear-crocs are super cute but not practical for the playground.
- Spirit days are fun ways to unite as a school. They are optional and if you do not want your child to participate, that is completely fine. The schedule for the year is attached below
- Just a reminder that any medications must be brought to ESS by an adult. Students are not allowed to have medications in their backpacks at any time
- If your child is arriving in the morning after the doors are closed, please do not just drop your child and drive away. Please walk your child to the front door and ring the bell and we will escort them to their classroom
As stated in the rules/expectations that were sent out and are also linked below please remember that
- Student cell phones and smart watches must remain in backpacks in the off position during the school day. Students are not allowed to use these devices while at school. If your child contacts you during the day, please call the office instead of responding.
- Be sure to label all student items including jackets, sweatshirts, water bottles and lunch boxes. We have an overflowing lost and found collection each year. Anything left at the end of the year will be donated
- We have designated visitor parking in front of the school. Please use those spaces when you come to school. Parking is not allowed at any time in the fire lanes or in front of the school after 3:00 when buses begin to arrive .
- Early Dismissal
- Early Dismissal
- Shelton Day
November 23-November 26
- No School
- BOE Meeting-new and current Board members will be voting on a BOE chair-this is an important meeting
Support the Elizabeth Shelton School Library Media Center!
Starting on September 25th and running through November 22nd, we are holding our first online Titlewish fundraiser of the year. Please know that 100% of the money we raise will go directly to purchasing new materials for our school library.
We’re asking you to participate and help us raise $1,000. To help us meet our goal, please visit https://www.titlewish.com/1095299. The site goes live on Monday, September 25th.
Thank you for helping us provide Elizabeth Shelton School students with the best education possible! It is a great way to honor your child for their birthday or any special occasion, or just because you want to help! Your child will have their name placed in a new book in honor of your donation.
Library Media Specialist
If you have any questions email me at: email@example.com.
Sign up to Volunteer in the Media Center
ESS Library Media Center Volunteer Form
Dear Parents and Guardians, My name is Mrs. Bush, and I am the Library Media Specialist at Elizabeth Shelton School. I am looking for volunteers to help out in the Library Media Center. Your help will ensure that our LMC is the best it can be for your child and all of our students.
- Please be sure you have read and have familiarized yourself with all the rules/expectations at ESS-especially about morning arrival and afternoon dismissal https://www.smore.com/app/pages/preview/mh5j6
- Link to our school website which contains lots of information-http://elizabethshelton.sheltonpublicschools.org/home_page