Ms. Hartman's Third Grade News
Everything you need to know about room 209 and more....
This past week we were lucky enough to have the Alash Ensemble from Tuva.
All of us were mesmerized by music they perform which features "throat singing," an ancient style of singing in which one person can produce more than one pitch at a time.
I encourage you to check out their comprehensive website which features videos and learning activities: www.alashensemble.com/
Valentine's Day Dance / Celebration
- Thursday the 11th, from 3:30 - 4:30
- The $3 admission fee will be collected at the door the day of the dance.
Valentine's Day Celebration:
We will have a Valentine's celebration this Friday morning. If you child plans on passing out valentine's, please make sure they include one for EVERY student.
Students in room 209:
- We will continue to discuss growth mindset and Mr. Ackerman (school counselor) will come in for a "perseverance" lesson every Wednesday for the next six weeks.
- We will learn about area and perimeter this week
- We will continue to study landforms
- We will be working on the comprehension strategy, checking for understanding. After each paragraph we will stop and ask, "who and what?"
- We will be learning how to write informational texts
- Hand Sanitizer
- Snacks - goldfish, crackers, fruit, carrots, string cheese, cheerios
Thank you to those of you that have been sending these items in!!! It is greatly appreciated!