I can determine the theme and provide details to support it.
Theme (6th Grade, ELA)
Step 1: Song Theme Practice
- Get the lyrics for Hukana Matata from your teacher. Put your name on it.
- Read the lyrics and write the theme in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Underline evidence from the lyrics which supports your theme.
- Explain why you underlined the evidence off to the side of the evidence.
- Turn in to your teacher at the end of the hour.
Step 2: Theme Check (you are only ready for this when your teacher has given you permission!)
- Get an iReady book from your teacher.
- Turn to page 85 and read the story "Dust".
- Create a Google document to show your understanding of the theme of "Dust" by responding to this prompt: Write the theme of the story. Be sure to support it with details from the text. (USE PEEL!)