Superintendent Community Update
April 16, 2021
To View on a Mobile Device, Visit https://www.smore.com/ykjw8.
Dear JUHSD Community,
There was much excitement this week as our first round of students returned to campus for Hybrid Instruction. We were thrilled to see students in person for the first time in over a year. Everyone did a wonderful job of following rules around social distancing, wearing masks, and hand-washing. Strictly adhering to these guidelines is the only way we can keep everyone safe. Thank you for doing your part to stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep school campuses open! For those students who are remaining in distance learning, we are hopeful that the return to campus this Spring in Hybrid Learning will make the transition back to campus in the Fall very smooth!
On that note, here are a few updates:
- Upcoming Opportunity to Change Your Child’s Instructional Model: Beginning April 28, the selection form will open again for parents to assign their students to Hybrid Learning. Here is the timeline: April 28-30: Selection form opens in ParentVue (stay tuned for instructions) May 6-7: Notification of acceptance May 10: Hybrid Instruction begins for newly accepted students
Please note that acceptance into the hybrid model will be dependent on classroom maximum occupancy and will be prioritized using the board approved grade levels and prioritized pupils. If your student is already assigned to Hybrid and would like to return to distance learning, please complete this form.
- In-Person Graduations: I am very excited to report that schools are finalizing plans for in-person graduations. Please stay tuned for more information from your school.
- Vaccinations for Children Ages 16 and 17: The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine has been approved for use in 16 and 17 year old children. Please visit myturn.ca.gov to find a vaccination appointment, or check in with your child’s health provider.
- Free Community Resilience Model Training Program: The JUHSD Wellness Counselors have developed a parent workshop to share tools and skills for kids of all ages. The training will take place this Saturday, April 17th. Please view this flyer for additional information.
- Hybrid Learning Page: Our new Hybrid Learning page now includes links to instructions for daily health screenings for students. You can access the page from your school’s homepage, or by visiting juhsd.net/hybrid.
- Free Tutoring for All JUHSD Students: Paper.co is offering free tutoring services to JUHSD students 24/7. Students can receive support with math, science, essay writing, and more. Students simply log into the site using their school Google account and they will be connected with tutors within seconds. If you are interested in learning more about Paper, please view a 7 minute webinar at this link.
In closing, I hope that you are able to fully enjoy the weekend, relax, and recharge!