By Ancelmo Galindo
2. His first voyage had 3 ships
3. Columbus landed in Cuba, southern Florida, and the rest of so called "Indies"
4. Columbus set sail on his 1st voyage in 1492
Vasco de Gama
2. Vasco de Gama set sail on July 8th, 1497
3. Vasco de Gama traveled 24,000 miles all together from Portugal to India and back
4. Vasco de Gama had approximately 170 men when traveling to India.
5. Vasco de Gama ended up with 54 men at the end of his voyage. The majority of his crew died of a sea disease known as 'scurvy'
2. Ferdinand Magellan found a passage from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean
3. Ferdinand Magellan changed the world with his new route known as the Straits of Magellan which are now used today worldwide