The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School Newsletter - May 2, 2022
Hello Saint Kateri School families!
Happy May and a joyous Easter season!
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! We have an amazing staff of Teachers and Teaching Assistants that work hard every day to help our students learn and grow; academically, socially and spiritually. Parent's Association has planned a little bit of fun and recognition of a job well done each day this week. Our teachers are Out of this World! This Wednesday is our Teacher Appreciation Breakfast ~ thank you to everyone that has signed up to bring something in. See link below if you would still like to sign up ~
We are close to the end of the school year and it is coming fast ~ we are busy planning end of the year celebrations and ways to socialize and support the school. Walk-A-Thon 2022, Catholic School Night at the Red Wings game and SKS Seabreeze Day are great opportunities to come together as a school, catch up with old friends and make new ones.
Walk-A-Thon 2022 is in progress and we have reached 5% of our goal with three weeks left before our event. You can go to our dojiggy site to donate or you can send in pledges to school with your child. Every Friday we will take the names of all students that have had a $20 pledge that week and enter them into a drawing on Friday. Congratulations to Jax in 2nd grade who was our first winner ~ we have other great prizes to give away on May 6th, May 13th, and May 20th.
On Monday, May 2nd our Silent Auction Baskets will go live at 6:00pm ~ TODAY!! So much work has been done to make these baskets the best and most fun they can be. Room parents, Parent's Association volunteers, teachers and staff have come together to make this event a success for our school. They have collected items and donations, sent endless amounts of email reminders, made lists, valued items, packaged all the fun items and taking pictures to share. Thank you all for donating and helping in all the ways in order to support our students!
Be sure to read the newsletter to the end for other important information ~
Thank you for all you do for SKS and our students ~ our families are the heart of SKS!
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
Phone: (585) 467-8730
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
Lord Hear Our Prayer
Please pray for the following people in our Saint Kateri community ~
- All those in our Saint Kateri School community
- Mrs. G and her family for their loss
Notify the Main Office if you wish to add anyone to this prayer intention list.
Mass with the Bishop on May 2nd
The Catholic Courier provides news, information and commentary about the Diocese of Rochester, the Roman Catholic Church, and issues that affect each in order to credibly inform the Catholics of the Diocese as well as others, thereby advancing the mission of the Diocese of Rochester.
Knocking Down Hunger - April 13th
This year Saint Kateri School “Knocked Down Hunger” by collecting boxes of cereal during the weeks leading up to Holy Week. On Wednesday, April 13th we used these cereal boxes to create a school-wide domino track – and knocking it down! Our domino track stretched throughout the Gym and ended in an SKS.
In the end we collected 276 cereal boxes! Ms. Tabor's Kindergarten class collected the most boxes with 40 boxes ~ Ms. Valvo's class came in 2nd place with 38 boxes and Mrs. G's class came in 3rd place with 35 boxes! Thank you to everyone that donated to our cereal box drive. We were able to have fun and feed the hungry!
Upcoming Calendar Dates:
- May 2-May 6: Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5/2: Online bids for Silent Auction Baskets begin at 6:00pm (link in Principal letter)
- 5/3: 4th and 5th grade to attend Mass with Bishop Matano at Sacred Heart Cathedral
- 5/3: No Quiet Mass
- 5/4: Hot Lunch opens for June
- 5/6: Kindergarten Screening
- 5/10: Quiet Mass (4th/1st)
- 5/11: FULL DAY OF SCHOOL
- 5/11: Hot Lunch closes for June at 9:30am
- 5/17 - 5/19: Scholastic Book Fair - Buy 1, Get 1FREE!
- 5/17: May Day Prayer Service at 9:15am (2nd grade)
- 5/17: No Quiet Mass
- 5/20: Kindergarten Screening
- 5/21: Walk-A-Thon begins with registration check-in at 10:00am
- 5/21: Walk-A-Thon Food Truck Rodeo 11:00am-2:00pm
- 5/24: No Quiet Mass
- 5/24: K-5 Spring Concert (10:00am and 7:00pm)
- 5/26: K-5 Ascension of Jesus Mass lead by 1st grade at 9:00am
- 5/26: NYS 4th grade Science Performance test at 10:00am
- 5/27: Kindergarten Screening
- 5/31: Quiet Mass (3rd/K)
- 6/1: NYS 4th grade ELA Field Test
- 6/3: Kindergarten Screening
- 6/6: NYS 4th grade Science Written test
- 6/10: Last day for school Hot Lunches and Milk
Check them all out online at: https://go.dojiggy.io/sks2022
Silent Auction Classroom Basket Themes
PK3 Mrs. Moore: Fun In The Sun
PK4 Mrs. Slocum: Game Night
PK4 Ms. Valvo: Let's Go Camping!
PK4 Mrs. Gasic: South of the Border
Kindergarten Ms. Tabor: Sports
1st grade Mrs. Garbach-Blakey: Buffalo Bills Tailgate Party
2nd grade Mrs. D'Aprix: Sundae Fun Day & Date Night
3rd grade Mrs. Roberts: Bird Watching & Gardening
4th grade Miss Sofia: Science & Technology
5th grade Mrs. Steele: Arts & Crafts
PARENT’S ASSOCIATION 2021-2022
Hi SKS families!
As you know, our annual Walk-A-Thon is quickly approaching. We are looking for lots of help to make this event a success! If you are interested, you can email Katie (email@example.com) or Nicole (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We will be having our next Parent's Association Meeting:
- Wednesday, May 4th
- In-Person in the SKS Gym (Please note: this is an update from our original schedule)
- All are welcome!
- Be CASE trained prior to volunteering (process can take up to two weeks)
- On March 2nd the mask mandate in schools was lifted. Masks are no longer required in school or school events unless there has been prior notification. We will continue to follow our other 2021-2022 COVID guidelines ~ social distancing and hand wash/sanitize frequently. (These guidelines are subject to change as guidance is updated.)
*We are no longer requiring volunteers to be fully vaccinated or to show proof of a negative COVID test in order to volunteer.