Blue Valley Early Childhood
From the Principal
What a wonderful conference week last week! I really enjoyed participating in some of your conferences to hear the awesome connections you have formed with your classroom teams. I try hard to find silver linings in the midst of this pandemic, and I think zoom conferences may be one of them! While there is some connection that is harder through a screen, many of you shared how much more convenient it was to participate! We had our best attendance rate ever.
The district or I may formally ask later, but in the meantime, if you have feedback to share regarding conferences this year, I'd love to hear it!
As a reminder, there is NO SCHOOL Friday or Monday as teachers will be engaged in professional learning. Our next days off will be for the Thanksgiving holiday.
No new news to share this week, but watch your mailboxes for a resource that I'll be sharing with the whole program next week!
Repeated Information -- In case you missed it
COVID Communication for Families
The safety of Hilltop students and staff continues to be a top priority. In an effort to keep our school community informed when we have a positive case, families can expect the following:
- Families will be contacted directly if through the contact tracing process conducted by the Johnson County Department of Health and Environment (JCDHE) and the district's health professionals' team:
1. your child was identified as a low-risk exposure of a student or staff member who tested positive for COVID-19.
2. your child was identified as a high-risk exposure/close contact of a student or staff member who tested positive for COVID-19.
- If your child’s proximity to or nature of the interaction with the positive individual did not indicate a low or high-risk exposure, then you will not be contacted.
NOTE: Positive cases by school are reflected on the BV COVID Dashboard. The dashboard is updated every Friday with information from the prior week (Wednesday to Wednesday).
Help for Families
If you find that your family is in need of this kind of help at this time, please make a confidential contact with DeLynn Jenkins, School Social Worker, by clicking here or calling 913-624-2900 and asking for DeLynn.
If you would like to offer your support for this organization, click the image to visit their website.
Late pickup and dropoff
We understand that sometimes things happen beyond your control. If you know that you will be late picking up or dropping off, please call our front desk at 913-624-2900. Teachers may not see email or be able to pick up the phone when they are busy with instruction, but the office staff can get a message to them.
If you are dropping off late, please use the front entrance, remain in your car, and call 913-624-2900, and we will send a staff member out for your child. Thank you for not coming into our lobby area without calling first.
Helpful Hints for Arrival and Dismissal
I have been so pleased with how easily you have all adapted to our new arrival/dismissal procedures. Thank you for making this such a success! This is a much safer practice that allows us to minimize exposure between students from different parts of our school.
A few helpful hints that will make a smoother process for all:
- We prefer for all families to use our driveways to avoid congestion around our entryways.
- Thanks for keeping your car tag visible, even as you stand with your child.
- We appreciate that you are leaving your masks on throughout the arrival/dismissal process.
I'm especially grateful that nearly everyone has respected our time window for arrival and dismissal. This ensures that staff can remain focused on their duties before, during, and after those windows, including careful cleaning of the classroom between sessions. If you know that you will be late, please call ahead, and then let us know when you arrive by calling 913-624-2900. We will free someone up to come out for/with your child.
Thanks for traveling carefully around our campus among the many other vehicles including BVRC patrons, BV district staff, school buses and another transport vehicles. I'll try to make you aware when I know that we'll have other times of increased traffic, such as advanced voting or student testing in the Conference Center.
Click the image for the Hilltop Family Handbook
Click the image for the Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Don't forget to share this with anyone who is helping you with transportation!
Click the image for the video walkthrough of our handbook
- we continue to experiment with clips or other ways to keep masks handy if they slip off -- stay tuned!
- since they are being worn for longer durations, thanks for washing masks daily, or at least every other day.
- thanks for all you are doing to support and promote mask wearing -- it makes a difference!
PTA Needs You!
Please consider volunteering to hold a position for the next school year!
We have many officer, chairman, and committee member positions to fill for the 2020-2021 school year. Even one hour makes a difference! Please click here for available positions and descriptions. Experience does not matter, returning and former board members will provide training.
Not a member yet?
Did you sign up for PTA during online registration through ParentVue? Due to confidentiality practices, we are not permitted to share your information with the PTA board. Click Here to share your information and get on their email list. More events and opportunities come with your membership!!
Want to join the list???
If you would like to be added to Tracy's list, please send her a message at firstname.lastname@example.org .