Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
Start of Summer Edition - June 14, 2018
It's a Great Day to Be a Colt!
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
- Mrs. Cruice (4th grade teacher) is leaving LCE in order to go back to school and pursue another degree - good luck!
- Mr. Brown (K teacher) is moving from LCE to LHS to teach woodshop and other technical classes - we'll miss him but how fun for our students to see him again in a few years!
- Ms. DiGiacamo (4/5 combo long term guest teacher) - thank you for your service to our 4/5 combo class, and best of luck with your new class of 4th graders in Sacramento this fall
- Ms. Barnett, Mrs. Wilson, and Mrs. Ricci (student teachers) - thank you for your service to our classroom communities, your fresh perspectives, and your enthusiasm for education
- Mr. Markus (our lead custodian) has retired and is moving to the midwest to be closer to family - we'll miss you!
- Mrs. Reilly (our health clerk) is taking on a new role at TBE - we'll miss you!
- Mr. Middleton (our VP) has accepted the opportunity to serve as the Principal at TBES - we know you'll be amazing!
We are also excited to welcome some new faces and changes to our team:
- Ms. Shye is moving from 2nd grade to 4th grade next year!
- Welcome back to Mrs. Whiteside, who will be returning to us after her leave
- Welcome to Mr. Stelma, who comes to us from First Street and will be teaching 2nd grade
- Welcome to Mr. Rob, who joins us from TBE as our new lead custodian
- Welcome to Mrs. Callahan, who will be joining us in our front office
- Welcome to Ms. O'Toole, who will be joining us in our health office
- We are also expecting to bring 3 student teachers to LCE in the fall - stay tuned!
- We'll be hiring a new VP this summer - stay tuned!
Our school is a great place to be thanks to the dedication of all the people who care about the success of your child - our teachers, support teams, volunteers, PTC, and our local community are an important part of the fabric of our school - thank you!
Lost & Found
In addition, we have quite the collection of prescription glasses in the office - swing by if your kiddos is missing his/her pair!
We make an effort to return everything that is labeled. Any remaining items will be donated after Friday, June 15th.
1. Between now and August 10th, visit www.boxofsupplies.com and order a complete box of your child's supplies online. 10% of your purchase comes back to the LCE PTC, your child's supplies will be delivered to school the week school starts with your child's name on the box, and you won't have to lug heavy supplies to campus on the first day(s).
2. visit our website and view our supply lists. You can shop on your own for supplies and bring them to school on the first day(s).
Top 5 Summer Enrichment Experiences
2. Spend 45 minutes a week on iReady Math and iReady Reading or Lexia; resist the urge to help your child - these programs are leveled to be a 'perfect fit!'
3. Go exploring - whether on a plane, in your car, or on foot...explore something new and talk about what makes it fun or memorable
4. Play games - games help to create flexible thinking and promote a growth mindset (losing is tough!); aim for face to face games instead of digital or computer games
5. Enjoy your family time - whatever that looks like for you, enjoy this time to reconnect with your child and celebrate what makes him/her special!
- Fri., 6/15, 4 pm: School office is closed for the summer
- Mon., 8/6, 7 am: School office reopens for the 18-19 school year
- Fri., 8/10, 4 pm: 2018-19 Class Lists Posted
- Fri, 8/10: last day to order supplies here to ensure they are delivered the first week of school; supply lists are also posted on our website here
- Tues., 8/14, 6 pm, MPR: Kinder "Back to School Night"
- Thur., 8/16: First Day of School!
- Mon., 8/20: Early Release Monday
- Thurs., 8/23, evening: Open House for Grades 1-5
- Thurs., 8/23, 5-8 pm: PTC-Panda Express Dine Out
- Mon., 8/27: Early Release Monday
- Mon., 9/3: No School in honor of Labor Day
- Tues., 9/4, 5 pm: PTC Meeting
- Fri., 9/7: PTC Believe Fundraiser Kickoff & Playground Night
- Mon., 9/10: Early Release Monday
The district has approved and published 2 years of school calendars! Awesome! Click for details!
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.