What is the Size of the Country's area?
The area of Canada is a total of 9,984,670 sq km
Canada is slightly larger than the US
Canada is the World's largest country that borders only one country
second-largest country in world (after Russia)
* The area affects the power of Canada by: more land = more power
Canada is slightly larger than the U.S
Ranks 2nd in the largest country in the world.
mostly plains with mountains in west and lowlands in southeast
What is the population of Canada?
- The population dating from 2013, is 35,158,300
- Estimated 2014 Population growth rate- 0.76% (2014 est.)
- The estimated population per sq. mile is at 3.79 people per sq. mile
- * The population of Canada helps influence the amount of power by producing more money and a bigger army.
How well educated and united is Canada?
- As of 2014, Canada now has the second-highest rate of high school completion and the highest rate of college completion among its peers.
- Canada produces relatively few graduates with PhDs and graduates in science, math, computer science, and engineering.
- Canada’s ranking on income per capita dropped from sixth position among comparator countries in 2000 to eighth in 2008, and remained there through 2012.
- * The importance of education in Canada produces the amount of power the economy will make do to smart decisions/choices.
the above graph shows the percentage of Gross Domestic Product
How Large and well-equipped are its armed forces?
- There are about 400k soldiers in the Canadian military.
- Canadian Forces: Canadian Army, Royal Canadian Navy, Royal Canadian Air Force, Canada Command
female: 206,195 (2010 est.)
17 years of age for voluntary male and female military service (with parental consent
- The Armed Forces influence the power of Canada by having a stronger and stable protection of enemies.
What are the country's land features?
- rugged coastline,
- Arctic desert,
- rain forest in the Queen Charlotte islands,
- * The importance of the land features to the power: is more resources available.
How productive is Canada's economy?
- Canada resembles the US in its market-oriented economic system, pattern of production, and high living standards.
- Canada now ranks third in the world in proved oil reserves behind Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.
- Industries:transportation equipment, chemicals, processed and unprocessed minerals, food products, wood and paper products, fish products, petroleum and natural gas
- Labor force = 19.08 million (2013 est.)
- *The importance of obtaining a strong economy is more money=more power.