SCPS Scholarship Hub
Local Scholarships for Class of 2023
Local Scholarships with Application Links
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Cake and Candy Supply Scholarship
Cake and Candy Supply, located in Shelbyville is providing scholarship assistance to a Shelby County and Martha Layne Collins Senior that is pursuing post-secondary education. Cake and Candy Store would like to financially assist students who are college bound.
This scholarship is NOT based on financial status but is based on essay questions and personal delivery.
• Pursue post-secondary education
• Be involved in the community, school, church or other extra-curricular functions within Shelby County.
Application: 2022 Cake and Candy Supply Scholarship
Edward and Francis Beckley Scholarship
The mission of the Edward and Francis Beckley Scholarship Fund, Inc. is to provide scholarships for minority high school seniors and minority college students to assist in furthering their higher education aspirations.
Our Fund is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit organization managed entirely by volunteers.
The application for our scholarships is available April 1st of each year, with applications due June 30th. We award at least three (3) scholarships each year on July 31st. The link to reach our scholarship program information and appliction is below:
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Janice Powe Scholarship 2022
Janice Powe Scholarship 2022
$1,000 to the selected high school recipient. The selected recipient will be announced in May 2022. The award check will be made payable to their attending Historically Black College/University on behalf of the recipient in August 2022 upon proof of enrollment for Fall 2022 classes.
Requirements for Consideration
- Completed scholarship application via Google Docs
- Submission of a typed essay addressing the following question:
- *Why are HBCUs relevant and necessary in the 21st century?
- Two letters of recommendation written on official organization letterhead and addressed to Beta Upsilon Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. The recommendations must be character letters (from i.e. Counselor, Teacher, Principal, etc.) which includes details regarding the student's academics, character, and community involvement/service.
- 2.7 Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) or higher
- Submission of current official high school transcript
- Provide proof of community service performed in the year on organization letterhead
- Provide a copy of the official acceptance letter from/ class schedule for the HBCU he/she will be attending
Kyle York Addiction Prevention Scholarship 2022
The Kyle York Addiction Prevention Scholarship Ltd is a non-profit serving local graduating seniors through individual and organizational donations. It serves to provide scholarships for students who will be majoring in specific areas designed to positively impact the community's drug epidemic. The scholarships honor a local teen who desired to become a drug counselor and was tragically killed April 13, 2019.
Each year scholarships will be selected from graduating seniors at Shelby County Schools who meet the following criteria:
Graduating from Shelby County Schools
Enroll in public or private university
Major in an area designed to impact the drug epidemic either through prevention or treatment (see non-exhaustive list of suggested majors)
Submit completed application form including:
High school transcript
School counsellor reference signature
Impact Essay Submission to be evaluated
DUE Wednesday, April 13 by 3:30PM to high school Guidance OfficeApplication: Kyle York Addiction Prevention Scholarship 2022
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: KY Assoc of Pupil Transportation Scholarship
This $1,000 education scholarship award will be awarded to two (2) students entering college each school year. Applicants must be a public school student who will attend a certified college, university, or technical school. The scholarship award is made directly to the postsecondary school selected by the awarded student and must be used in support of the student's 2022-2023 school year tuition, books or fees.The student must have a parent/guardian actively employed in the public school pupil transportation field.
Buster Bynum Scholarship
Buster Bynum Scholarship Applications Due April 15
The Southeastern States Pupil Transportation Conference is making a one-time $2,000 scholarship available to one Kentucky student. To be eligible, a student must be a high school senior, have a parent or guardian employed in the public school pupil transportation field for at least the past three years (since Jan. 1, 2019), and plan to attend a postsecondary educational institution in 2022.
Completed applications should be submitted to the guidance by 3:30PM April 15.
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: The UPS Store-Shelbyville College Bound Scholarship 2022
The UPS Store, Shelbyville is providing scholarship assistance to a Shelby County and Martha Layne Collins Senior that is pursing post-secondary education. The UPS Store in Shelbyville has been a part of our community for 23 years, and has participated in the CO-OP program, employing seniors pursuing Business or Graphics studies, and would like to financially assist students who are college bound.
Due to the UPS Shelbyville Store by May 1, 2022 (delivered by applicant)
Kings Daughters Scholarship-Shelby County Fiscal Court 2022
The committee is happy to report that they have increased this year’s Scholarship to be awarded to a graduating Senior at both Shelby County High School and Martha Lane Collins High School to $4,000 each to be awarded to a student who is planning to go into the health career field.
The criteria for the Scholarship:
- Academic standing
- Financial need
- Preparation for post-secondary or vocational training made by the student during their high school career
- Involvement in the community or extracurricular activities, special talents, or interests
Return completed application to high school guidance office by April 15, 2022 by 3:30PM
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Jim and Mary Jo Wiley Scholarship 2022
The Jim & Mary Jo Wiley Scholarship Foundation will award a $1,000.00 scholarship to a graduating senior high school baseball player from Shelby County High School and Martha Layne Collins High School. The scholarship will be for one year disbursed in equal amounts for each of the first and second college semesters.
To be eligible for the Jim & Mary Jo Wiley Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
1. You must be a senior baseball player* on your high school team in your senior year**
2. You must be a graduating high school senior in the class of 2022, attending either Shelby County High School or Martha Layne Collins High School.
3. Recipients must attend either a two or four year college or university full time and provide verification of enrollment (copy of schedule of courses or letter from registrar’s office).
4. You must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.5. Immediate family members of the Jim & Mary Jo Wiley Foundation Board are not eligible to apply.
Shelby County Education Foundation Scholarship 2022
Shelby County Education Foundation Scholarship Application: https://forms.gle/N7nz9pvJbyzWAKtr8
This $500.00 scholarship is for minority students who commit to return to Shelby County Public Schools to be a classroom teacher.
Complete application in blue/black ink or word process.
Submit Application by: April 15, 2022
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Shelby County Education Association Scholarship 2022
Application: PRINT the application. Complete and turn into Guidance Office
For students pursuing a degree in education.
Due Friday, March 25, 2022 to High School Guidance Office
Avery Farmer Memorial Scholarship 2022
Avery Farmer’s biggest joy in life was to show others love and help brighten their day. To honor their son and his memory, his parents would love to provide this $5,0000 scholarship to a high school senior who has served their community and shown love in big ways by making a lasting impact in someone else’s life.
The completed scholarship application, transcript, and resume must be received or postmarked by March 20, 2022 . All materials must be submitted in one envelope at the same time or the applicant will be disqualified.
Mail or deliver to:
Shelby County Chamber of Commerce
C/O Avery Farmer Scholarship
316 Main Street
Shelbyville, KY 40065
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Matt Cockrell Memorial Scholarship
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
The applicant must be a graduating senior at Martha Layne Collins High School or Shelby County High School
Applicant must be enrolled or accepted into a College or University, with the intention of completing an Art Degree.
Each applicant must submit the following:
Completed Matt Cockrell Memorial Scholarship Application
A 350 word minimum response to the question, “What does art mean to you?”
One digital piece of original artwork
Eunice Marie Payne Reed Scholarship 2022
Three $1000 scholarships will be awarded to commemorate the life of the first president of the Shelby County NAACP Branch, Eunice Marie Payne and is provided to support students in their educational pursuits. We believe that by giving scholarships we help nurture the next generation of activists and community leaders.
*The Applicant must be a current year 2022 Graduating High School Senior from Shelby County and will be attending a Community/Technical College, Four-Year College or University in the Fall Semester of 2022. *Have a minimum of 2.50 Grade Point Average (GPA). *Be accepted to attend a two-year or four-year College or University. *Applicants are not eligible to apply if they have been awarded financial assistance that covers all expenses billed by the institution. *Must be active in high school extra-curricular activities, community service, and/or workforce. *Submit a three-page double space essay. Topics are listed on the application. *Applicant should submit a 5 X 7 headshot photograph. *Participant in a future NAACP Freedom Fund Gala to be acknowledged (Date & Location TBA). *Applicant must include a copy of the most recent high school transcript (official or unofficial). *Applicant must include two (2) letters of recommendations from persons familiar with your academic achievements and personal character.
*One Scholarship Award is designated for a student who has been accepted to attend Kentucky State University.
DUE: Postmarked before March 18, 2021. Address/email address in application
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation Application 2022
The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation Application for the 2022-23 academic year is now open and will close on March 1, 2022.
The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation provides scholarships to eligible children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen, Chaplains, and Religious Program Specialists. Our scholarships are for children pursuing a post-secondary education at any accredited school—whether that be a trade school, career training school, community college, or four-year university. We’re the Nation’s oldest and largest provider of need-based scholarships to military families. To put our size into perspective, this year we awarded over $9.2 million to more than 2,500 students, and 10% were CTE students!
All applicants must meet our eligibility requirements, which can be found at www.mcsf.org/eligibility. For more information regarding our Career and Technical Education Program, feel free to take a look at our CTE brochure, and to apply, please visit www.mcsf.org/apply.
LG&E and KU Foundation Scholarships
Application Link: https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/lge/
LG&E and KU Foundation has established a scholarship program to assist LG&E and KU Energy LLC (and its subsidiaries) employees’ children who plan to continue their education in college. Renewable scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited four-year institution of the student’s choice.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $1,200 award. Up to ten (10) new awards will be granted. Award may be used for tuition, books, fees, supplies and required equipment.
Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon the student maintaining a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in a full-time course of study and continuation of the program by LG&E and KU Foundation.
Applicants to the LG&E and KU Foundation Scholarship Program must be:
- Dependent* children, age 25 and under, of full-time LG&E and KU Energy LLC (and its subsidiaries) employees
who have a minimum of three years of employment with the company as of the application deadline date.
*Dependent children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren living in the employee’s household or primarily supported by the employee.
- High school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Students who have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
Children of officers and senior managers are not eligible.
Deadline: submit electronically by March 8, 2022 3:00PM Central Time
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Certified Nursing Assistant Scholarship 2022
As a part of our mission to help students locate CNA programs in their regional area and educate and assist those who desire to become Certified Nursing Assistants across the country, we are now offering a scholarship to aspiring CNAs.
Our goal is to help students find CNA classes, gain CNA skills, and help spread knowledge about the process of becoming a CNA. We know that, in these recent times of crisis and economic hardship, getting financial aid to attend a CNA class or certification program can be very helpful. With total average costs to become a Nurse Assistant approaching $1500 once tuition, licensing, and the exam fees are included, every little bit of assistance helps. That’s why cnaclassesnearme.com is dedicated to helping support upcoming medical professionals by offering this scholarship.
ShelbyKY Tourism & Visitors Bureau Scholarship 2022
The ShelbyKY Tourism & Visitors Bureau Scholarship is designed to assist a Shelby County student who intends to pursue a postsecondary degree in tourism/hospitality, equine studies, communications or advertising/marketing degree and have a career in Shelby County. The scholarship will be awarded to pay tuition toward a degree at an accredited institution.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
The applicant must be a senior.
The applicant must successfully be on track to graduate in May of 2022 from Shelby County High School, Martha Layne Collins High School, Cornerstone Christian Academy, or any other accredited institution in Shelby County.
The applicant must express a desire in obtaining a career in Shelby County following their postsecondary training.
The applicant must be accepted into a program at an accredited institution related to their area of study.
Deadline to Apply: April 1, 2022
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Commonwealth Credit Union Scholarship 2022
The Commonwealth Credit Union Scholarship is a one-time $1,000 scholarship that is awarded to four high school seniors for use in post-secondary education. It utilizes a video submission where applicants tell their personal story on bettering lives, both now and in the future. They also share their insights into banking experiences for young adults. Students may access the scholarship application through the website at: www.ccuky.org/scholarships.
Application Closes: March 18, 2022
Community Foundation of Louisville General Scholarship Application
Since 1984, the Community Foundation of Louisville has provided tens of millions of dollars in scholarships to support students with their educational goals. The Foundation manages more than 100 scholarship funds. While some are administered by designated schools or organizations, the majority are competitive scholarships. With competitive scholarships, students complete an online application in order to be matched to more than 60 competitive, non-discriminatory scholarship opportunities. From there, unbiased, individual scholarship selection committees carefully review each application. Finally, the individual committees select and award students with scholarships.
- General application questions and essays
- Outline work, volunteer and extra curricular experiences
- Provide academic transcript and FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Proof of enrollment for institution you plan to attend Fall2022
- Contact information for references
DEADLINE to Apply: April 1, 2022
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Susanne d Charette Van Stockum Scholarship
Eligibility: Graduating senior of a public high school in Shelby County who studies French; Enrolled at an accredited college or university.
How to Apply: Application will be available via the Community Foundation of Louisville's website: https://www.cflouisville.org/scholarships/
--Application closes April 1, 2022
Louis B. Payne Scholarship Fund
Eligibility:. Resident of Oldham, Shelby, or Henry Counties in Kentucky' Graduating high school senior; 3.0 GPA; Enrolled to attend an accredited institution of higher learning on a full-time basis; Preference given to those pursing agricultural studies; Demonstrates financial need.
How to Apply: Application available via the Community Foundation of Louisville's website: https://www.cflouisville.org/scholarships/
-Application closes April 1, 2022
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Louisville Agriculture Club Scholarships
To obtain an application please email: Bryce Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Three $4000 Scholarships Available:
- Kamin Family Scholarship | $4,000
- Corley Brown Memorial Scholarship | $4,000
- Charles Keene Memorial Scholarship | $4,000
Scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors who enroll in agricultural or agricultural-related curricula (courses of study that provide training directly related to the production or processing of agricultural goods, or for the provision of services to producers/processors of agricultural goods) at agricultural colleges or universities only in Kentucky or Indiana. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of scholastic achievement, financial need, leadership, extra-curricular activities, character and citizenship. Recipients must remain in an ag or ag related major to continue to receive scholarship payments.
Persons applying for scholarships awarded by the Louisville Agricultural Club must submit the following:
- A completed application form--To get an application, email email@example.com
- A transcript of your high school grades and evidence of your ACT score and SAT score, (if taken).
- The grading scale for your high school and a copy of your second semester senior schedule.
- Two letters of recommendation describing characteristics such as leadership, citizenship, self-motivation, self-discipline, potential, etc. (One from a school official such as a teacher, counselor, or principal; and one from a non-relative who knows you well).
- The 2021-2022 Confirmation Page of your FAFSA application for federal student aid showing your EFC score.
All application materials must be scanned in a Word or PDF document, attached to an email and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
All application materials must be submitted on or before April 15, 2022.
Kentucky Cattlemen's Foundation (KCF) Youth Scholarship
Website and Application Link: https://kycattle.org/youthscholarship.html
Five $1,500 Scholarships are available through the Kentucky Cattlemen's Association and are funded by the Kentucky Cattlemen's Foundation.Kentucky Cattlemen's Foundation Scholarship Requirements:
- You must be a graduate from a Kentucky public, private, charter or homeschools in the year of application.
- Be enrolled and attending an institute of higher education after graduation.
- Planning to major in Agriculture or an Agriculturally-related subject.
- Applicant or their parent or guardian must be a member of the Kentucky Cattlemen's Association.
859-278-0899 or 176 Pasadena Drive, Lexington, KY 40503
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2022
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Engineering Civil Scholarship
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is now accepting applications for scholarship opportunities for students who will be pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Kentucky, the University of Louisville, or Western Kentucky University AND who would be interested in working for KYTC after graduation; as well as students who will be attending KCTCS (Big Sandy Community & Technical College (BSCTC) & Bluegrass Community & Technical College (BCTC) AND who are also interested in working for KYTC after graduation.
If selected, the CE students will be eligible for stipends in the amount of $7,200/semester for the freshman & sophomore years and $7,600/semester for the junior & senior years. CET students will be eligible for stipends in the amount of $3,000/semester they are working to pursue their Associates Degree in Civil Engineering Technology.
All students chosen for the program will also have the opportunities for summer employment with KYTC, as well as any co-ops that their school may require.
Here is a video that the students can watch: KYTC Civil Engineering Scholarship Testimonials - YouTube
*Note – this is a scholarship available for those interested in employment with state government in the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet after graduation. It is not a scholarship that is offered as general financial assistance.
For complete details and to apply, please visit our website at https://transportation.ky.gov/Education/Pages/Civil-Engineering-Scholarship.aspx &/or https://transportation.ky.gov/Education/Pages/Civil-Engineering-Technology-Scholarship.aspx
Emma Durham Foundation Scholarship 2022
Female Athlete; Teacher and Coach Evaluation; Essay; Application Form
All information, references and the application are submitted online through the Google forms below.
Due Date: Submit by March 30, 2022
Share these Google Form links with your Teacher and Coach References:
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Linda D. Taylor Scholarship 2022
- Minimum ACT composite 24 or SAT minimum score of 1090
- Weighted GPS of 3.50 or above
- Plan to pursue a career in the area of mathematics or science.
A paper copy of the scholarship application can be picked up from the guidance office or a copy can be made and printed from the link below.
Application Due to school guidance office by: March 30, 2020 3:30PM
Shelby County Conservation District Scholarship 2022
This application must be printed and mailed.
A $1,000 scholarship to be presented to a Shelby County resident who is a Senior.
The scholarship check will be written directly to the College/University of the recipient’s choice.
- Planning to attend a College/University in Kentucky or a Technical college in Kentucky.
- Pursuing a degree in agriculture, natural resources, or any related field
- Minimum high school GPA of 2.5
The Shelby County Conservation District will begin accepting applications on January 3, 2022. Application and supporting material must be in the Shelby County Conservation District office at the close of business March 4, 2022. Applications will not be accepted after this deadline.
Mail completed application to the following address:
Shelby County Conservation District
65 Breighton Blvd. Suite 2
Shelbyville, Ky 40065
(502) 633-3640 ext 3
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: ADK Scholarship for Future Educators 2022
To complete this application you must PRINT it from the link above.
Ms. Fields and Ms. Busey were Shelby County teachers for many years.
Ms. Fields was an Honorary Kentucky Alpha Iota member and Ms. Busey was an
Alpha Iota member.
Open to seniors at MLCHS and SCHS who plan to study in the field of education.
● Be in the top 20% of the senior class according to GPA,
● Submit a completed application and a high school transcript,
● Submit two letters of recommendation (one academic recommendation and one character recommendation. (Neither may come from a high school English teacher nor a family member),
● Submit a one-to-two page typed, double spaced essay as described in this application
● And, if possible, be interviewed by a panel of Alpha Delta Kappa members - Location and date to be determined.
Application Due May 6, 2022
Submit completed, printed application to Julie Webb at Shelby County High School
Submit completed, printed application to Sharon Purdom at Martha Layne Collins High School
Shelbyville Rotary Club Scholarships 2022
Fourteen $1000 scholarships will be awarded to students planning to attending a 4-year University or College 4-year Bachelor's Degree program.
Four $500 scholarships awarded to students planning to attend a community college.
- Good Academic Standing
- Community Activities and Involvement
- Financial Need/Hardships
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Louis Buster Coleman Foundation Scholarship 2022
The financial needs of the applicant and a commitment to continue his/her education in a college/university or trade school of higher education shall be given priority consideration by the selection committee.
PRINT pdf of application from link below.
Complete and return to guidance office by March 25, 2022
Howard Hill Memorial Eagle Scout Scholarship 2022
To apply or gather more information on this scholarship, please email:
Mr. Richard Walker at RFWalker3@twc.com with the email subject “Eagle Scout Application”
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Louisville Artisans Guild Scholarship 2023
How to Apply
1. Follow this link: cflouisville.communityforce.com
2. Click on the navy blue “Apply” button.
3. Create a log-in and follow the instructions on each page!
The Louisville Artisans Guild is Kentucky’s oldest guild dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in arts and craft. It was founded in 1956 as the Louisville Craftsmen Guild. In 2003, the name was changed to better reflect our purpose and membership. We are pleased to offer this scholarship to help high school seniors pursuing a non-performing visual art-related major with their first year in college. The Scholarship was initiated in 1995 as a $300 award and has grown to a one- time award of $2,000.
If you meet the following criteria, please begin your application for the Louisville Artisans Guild Art Scholarship.
- Graduating high school senior from Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, and Bullitt Counties in Kentucky, or Floyd, Clark, and Harrison Counties in Indiana
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Provide five images (JPEG) best representing your portfolio
- Pursuing a college degree in non-performing Visual Arts or Visual Arts related field
The Louisville Artisans Guild Art Scholarship Application will open on November 15,2021 and will close on February 15, 2022.
Duanne B. Puckett Memorial Scholarship of Excellence 2022
Sponsored by Shelby Life Magazine
A $1,000 Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating Senior of Martha Layne Collins High School and Shelby County High School.
- An interest in journalism
- Excellence in scholarship, extra curriculum activities, community service
- Demonstrated skills in writing, i.e., yearbook, school newspaper and/or free lance
- Completed Application
- One Page Essay
- Two Letters of Reference
- High School Transcript
Submit to: Gary L. Walls – Owner/Editor
Shelby Life Magazine
517 Main Street
Shelbyville, Kentucky 40065Deadline: April 29, 2022
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Army ROTC Scholarship 2023
Minimum of a 2.5 GPA unweighted and 19 ACT or 1000 SAT
Shelby County Federal Order of Police Scholarship 2022
- Three references (One must be a member of Law Enforcement who is a non-family member.)
- A copy of your current high school transcript
- One page, typed paper on why you want to go into the field of Law Enforcement or an experience that you had with Law Enforcement.
Mail or Return by March 25, 2022 to:
Major T. Brummer
108 Old Veechdale Road
Simpsonville KY 40067
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Shelby County Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be a senior.
- The applicant must have successfully completed a minimum of 4 credits within one career path at the Shelby County Area Technology Center, Shelby County High School, Martha Layne Collins High School or equivalent.
- The applicant must express a desire to obtain a career in Shelby County following their postsecondary training.
- The applicant must be accepted in a program at an accredited institution.
- Applicants committing to a career based in Shelby County following their postsecondary training will be given preferential treatment.
Each applicant must submit the following:
1. A Shelby County Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Application
2. An official high school transcript
3. A resume (not to exceed one page) including the following:
(b) Career Objective
(c) School and Community Activities
(d) Work Experience
4. Essay explaining your career plan (not to exceed one page)
5. Letter of recommendation and/or reference from employer or school official
Application Deadline: Applicant is responsible for mailing the completed application to the following address by Thursday, March 25, 2022
Shelby County Chamber of Commerce
316 Main Street
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Cheryl Hood Memorial Scholarship 2022
Coldwell Banker Larry K. Rogers Realty is sponsoring a $2,500 scholarship to honor the memory of Cheryl Hood who was a Realtor for 22 years with Coldwell Banker.
Applicants should exemplify the same characteristics Cheryl did: hard working, thoughtful, always the first to offer to help others, school/community involvement and desire to further their education.
Not based only on GPA. Want written examples of the students character and what career path they want to pursue. (see essay in application)
Sponsored by Coldwell Banker Larry K. Rogers Realty
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Shelby County Junior Golf Foundation Scholarship
$500 to $1000
Essay: "How has playing the game of golf impacted your life?"
Return application to the Guidance Office by: Friday, March 25, 2020 by 3:30PM
Shelby Energy Scholarship 2022
2022 Shelby Energy District Scholarships
Please complete the application below
Applicants must be High School Seniors, graduating in the Spring of 2022, whose parents/guardians are served by Shelby Energy Cooperative, and plan to enroll in an accredited college or university in the Fall.
Contact 502-437-8162 for more information.
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Shelby Energy Line Technician Scholarship 2023
Two $1,000 scholarships offered to students planning to enroll in an approved Lineman Training Program
The students parent(s) or guardian(s) must be members in good standing with Shelby Energy Cooperative
Submit application online by: April 11, 2022
KY Farm Bureau Scholarship 2022
We are pleased to announce the 2022 Kentucky Farm Bureau Scholarship application is now available. Completing the online application will make the student eligible for statewide and Shelby County Scholarships! For a complete list of eligibility, rules, and to access the application, please visit our website: www.kyfb.com/federation/youth-development/scholarships.
Statewide Farm Bureau Scholarships:
▪ Sam Moore Scholarship, $4,000 to a student attending a Kentucky college or university and pursuing a four-year degree in animal health/veterinary technology or a related field.
▪ Leadership in Agriculture Scholarship, $3,000 each to two children of farm families attending a Kentucky college or university.
▪ Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Companies, $2,000 each to two students.
▪ Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Agents Association, $1,000 to two students. One scholarship will be awarded to the child of an Agency Manager or Insurance Agent. A second scholarship will be awarded to the child of an Agency Secretary or CSR.
▪ Kentucky Farm Bureau Federation, $1,000 each to 25 students.
▪ Louis F. Ison Memorial Scholarship, $1,000 to a student with a baccalaureate degree from any recognized four-year college in Kentucky enrolled or accepted for admission as a full-time graduate student pursuing a graduate degree in the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food and Environment. Previous winners are not eligible.
Shelby County Farm Bureau Scholarships:
- Shelby County Farm Bureau/Roy V. Catlett Scholarship: $2,500 to one student who is a resident of Shelby County and attends a Kentucky accredited high school (public or private) or home school. Student must major in agriculture or a related field. Preference will be given to a student who plans to attend the University of Kentucky
- Shelby County Farm Bureau: $2,500 each to two students who are residents of Shelby County and attend a Kentucky accredited high school (public or private) or home school. One of the two recipients will be from a regular member family.
- Shelby County Continuing Education: $2,500 to a college student. Recipient must be a member of Shelby County Farm Bureau
The application must be completed in one sitting; our system does not allow for an application to be started and saved. To be considered, all applications must be submitted by the January 28, 2022 deadline; and we encourage all requested materials be submitted with the application.
Winners will be notified by April 15, 2022.
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Delta Kappa Gamma Scholarship 2023
The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International is offering a scholarship to young women going into education.
Mail the application to:
Donna C. Whitis
PO Box 172
Shelbyville KY 40065
Application and 3 letters of recommendation are due January 15, 2022.
Centenary United Methodist Church Scholarship 2022
Centenary United Methodist will distribute scholarship applications.
$700 is awarded to each graduating Centenary UMC member who fulfills the scholarship application requirements. Scholarship requirements are listed on application, which is distributed to all eligible graduating CUMC members yearly.
Must be a member of Centenary United Methodist Church, among other listed requirements. Applications are distributed internally to eligible graduating members of the Church.
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Kentucky Federation of Republican Women 2023
Paper Application can be picked up at the Guidance Office of your high school.
Did you know that the KFRW gives a $1,500 scholarship to a high school senior girl?
The complete application will include the following:
- Completed application form
- A one-page typed essay about a Republican woman you admire or who has influenced your life and why
- An official copy of your high school transcript – which may be mailed separately
- Two letters of recommendation
The completed application must be mailed to
KFRW Scholarship Chairman, Tina Fox no later than April 1, 2022
206 West 13th Street
Benton, KY 42025
We the Students 2022 Scholarship Essay 2022
Essay Prompt: How does an understanding of natural rights and respect build a free society?
Essays should be between 500-800 words and should demonstrate an understanding of natural rights, how they relate to the principle of respect, and how the flourishing of a free society is dependent upon them. Excellent essays will go beyond "dictionary definitions," to express their understanding and reasoning about the connections among these principles. Specific examples, and well-researched facts should be combined with students’ own observations and experiences. A good essay will demonstrate how these principles are not just abstract ideas but are part of people's everyday actions and choices.
The winners of this year’s contest will receive:
1st Place – $7,500 and a scholarship to the 2022 Constitutional Academy summer program in Washington D.C.
Runners Up – 5 prizes at $1,500 each
Honorable Mentions – 10 prizes at $500 each
Deadline for entry is April 15, 2022
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: KHEAA: KENTUCKY SCHOLARSHIPS
Many Kentucky businesses and organizations have set up financial aid programs to help Kentuckians with their college costs. Some are available statewide, while others are limited to several counties, one county or one school. KHEAA has gathered information on as many of these programs as we can. Statewide programs are listed first, then county-specific programs.
Sparkling Ice Flavorful Futures Scholarship (National)
Applications are due by 11:59PM CST on Thursday, March 31st.
Applicants must meet ALL the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States.
- Must be a high school senior graduating between August 1, 2021 and July 31, 2022.
- Must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4 point scale (high school/home schooled seniors).
- Must enroll for Fall 2022 as a freshman or 1st year student in part-time or full-time study at a 2-year, 4-year, college, university, trade or vocational school. The school must be an accredited U.S. institution, and listed on the official website for the U.S. Department of Education.
- Must not be a relative or dependent child of an employee of Talking Rain or any of its retail customers.
More details, including the application and eligibility requirements, can be found here: https://www.flavorfulfutures.com/
Martha Layne Collins High School ONLY
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Martha Layne Collins Athletic Booster Scholarship 2023
The Collins High School Athletic Booster Club is a voluntary group committed to supporting all CHS athletes with school spirit and encouragement. In addition, the Booster Club provides financial support to all CHS athletic teams in purchasing items not included in the Athletic Department’s budget as well as sponsoring special athlete related programs. Funds are obtained through individual, family, and business memberships as well as concession/spirit wear sales, and other special events.
Application deadline is Thursday, February 17, 2022
The Booster Club will award two $500 scholarships to be given to
one (1) deserving female student athlete and one (1) deserving male student athlete who meet criteria in application.
Nick Whitaker Scholarship 2022--MLCHS ONLY
Simpsonville Fire Department is offering a $500.00 scholarship in memory of a past member, Nick Whitaker. Mr. Whitaker was a member of the Simpsonville Fire Department before cancer ended his life. If you are someone that loves the first responder field and has a heart to help someone in need. Please apply.
· Students at Collins High School
· Minimum GPA 2.0
· Seeking Degree or higher education in the field of serving the community
· For students who are eligible to graduate in the Spring of 2022
Deadline to Apply: April 30, 2022
Turn completed application into Ms. Purdom in MLCHS Guidance Office
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Mike and Betsy Miller Scholarship-2023 MLCHS ONLY
Must be accepted to Murray State University for Fall 2022 semester.
$1,000.00 scholarship which is deposited into recipient’s “M” account prior to the start of the fall 2022 semester. $500.00 for Fall 2022 and 500.00 for Spring 2023.
Due: Completed Application due to Guidance Office/Ms. Purdom Thursday, March 24, 2022
Shelby County High School ONLY
Harriet Poynter Musician Scholarship
Eligibility: Graduating senior from Shelby County High School in Shelbyville, KY Pursuing a degree in Music.
How to Apply:
- Short Essay
Scholarship Award: $1000
Access this scholarship application through Community Foundation of Louisville: https://www.cflouisville.org/scholarships/
Application closes April 1, 2022
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Harriet Poynter Scholarship
Eligibility: Graduating senior who is graduating from Shelby County HIgh School, African American
How to Apply: Application will be available via the Community Foundation of Louisville's website--https://www.cflouisville.org/scholarships/
Application closes April 1, 2022
Samuel D. Hinkle IV Memorial Scholarship 2022
SHELBY COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL ONLY
Sam Hinkle went to Shelbyville High School, and although he lived in many different places after he graduated, he returned to Shelby County to raise his children on the family farm. We, his family and friends, have created this scholarship to honor him and his commitment to public education, hard work, and looking words up in the dictionary.
This scholarship aims to continue his support for the power of higher education to create opportunity for Shelby County High School students, their families, and our community.
This 2 or 4 year scholarship is up to $21,000 ($5250 annual/renewable based on student college academic standing) can be used to fund college or other post-secondary education plans, such as trade school.
Directions for Finding your EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) from your FAFSA-This is a required document for this scholarship
Complete your copy of the application in blue/black ink or on a computer.
Make sure you fill out your name and the confirmation on the last two pages. This information will be removed during review.
Return application to the SCHS guidance office by Thursday, March 3:30PM
DUE: Thursday, March 3:30
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Mildred Casey Jennings Memorial Language Arts Scholarship 2023-SCHS ONLY
Mildred Casey Jennings, mother of SCHS Retired English Teacher Ernestine Jennings, assisted throughout her daughter’s 41-year teaching career in every possible way. The Language Arts Scholarship was funded for the first two years through memorial gifts by friends of the Casey and Jennings families—including former SCHS colleagues of Ernestine Jennings.
The recipient will be determined by Shelby County High School teachers of Junior and Senior English classes and possibly others determined by Mr. Fox DeMoisey, Chairman of the MCJMLA Scholarship Committee, and by scoring of the essay—with NO identifying information—by six or seven readers from this community. The readers—one of whom will be the donor—will NOT know the names of the applicants. These readers will submit their decision to the chairman who will work with the committee in reviewing the applications and interviewing students if he desires. The committee will determine the recipient.
Scholarship Criteria: Applicant must
*rank in the top 25% of the SCHS Senior Class according to GPA;
*submit a high school transcript, completed application and essay addressed in the
*exhibit integrity, diligence, cooperation, compassion and desire to learn;
*act on convictions and strive to improve in academics and everyday activities;
*submit two letters of recommendation (one academic and one character reference
from people other than family members). Neither letter may come from a high school
If asked to do so, student must agree to an interview by one or more English teachers.
*Application will close March 15, 2022 at 3:20PM
*If an interview (video or in person) is required, it must be completed prior to May 6th.
Distribution of Scholarship:
*A check for $750 will be issued at the Senior Awards Night Program.
*The remaining $750 will be mailed to the recipient following receipt of a transcript after the first semester if the cumulative GPA is 3.0 or above. An address will be provided.
NOTE: Failure to send a transcript may lead to loss of remaining scholarship funds.
Ernest Jennings Memorial Scholarship--SCHS ONLY
The recipient will be determined by a committee of SCHS Personnel and former teachers who knew Ernest Jennings and/or some who were/are colleagues/friends of his daughter.
Scholarship Criteria: Applicant must
- Respect the value of work and reflect diligence in all tasks;
- Submit a high school transcript and this application - including a brief coherent essay as described in the following form;
- Exhibit integrity, diligence, cooperation, compassion and desire to learn;
- Submit two letters of recommendation from respected adults from school or community (none from relatives);
- If asked, must agree to an interview by the selection committee (if possible during this quarantine period).
Application will close on March 15, 2022. 3:20PM
If an interview is required (and possible) it must be completed before April 29th 2022
The first installment, $750, will be presented at Awards Night. A transcript will be required following your first semester; *a GPA of 3.0 will be required for the balance of the $750.
The recipient will be determined by a committee of SCHS Personnel and former teachers who knew Ernest Jennings and/or some who were/are colleagues/friends of his daughter.
Respect the value of work and reflect diligence in all tasks;
Submit a high school transcript and this application - including a brief coherent essay as described in the following form;
Exhibit integrity, diligence, cooperation, compassion and desire to learn;
Submit two letters of recommendation from respected adults from school or community (none from relatives);
If asked, must agree to an interview by the selection committee (if possible during this quarantine period).
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Laura Beth Floyd Scholarship 2023-SCHS only
Given in memory of a young lady who loved Shelby County and the farm where she grew up. While living on the farm, she developed a strong work ethic, a willingness to help family and community, and an independent and adventurous spirit. Applicants for the $1,000 scholarship should display some traits similar to Beth: independence, love of life, strong work ethic, love of family and integrity. The recipient will be determined by a scholarship committee of community members. The readers of the essay will not know the names of the applicants. Interviews may be held at the discretion of the committee.
Laura Beth Floyd Scholarship Application
- Student must exhibit a good work ethic, integrity and compassion
- Student must be pursuing a degree in agriculture Student may be pursuing higher education through a community college or a four-year college
- Student must be in the top 25% of the SCHS senior class according to GPA Students must complete the attached application and an essay of 300-350 words explaining why you should be considered for this scholarship. (Include two to three traits you share with Beth)
- Student must submit one letter of recommendation form
Serve Pro Scholarship
Five $1,000 scholarships will be awarded.
- Must be a current senior in high school
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Submit 2 References and the application
Application: Scan the QR code on this flyer:
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Blake Palmer Scholarship Foundation Scholarship Through Baseball Program
Return completed application to high school baseball coach or Matthew or Cassie Bidwell
The Angel on Third: Blake Palmer Scholarship Foundation is dedicated to supporting the academic and career goals of baseball players in the Shelby County community who exemplify and are dedicated to the moral character that defined Blake throughout his life. Recipients of the Angel on Third Scholarship are young men who set themselves apart, not only as athletes but in all aspects of life. Recipients of the scholarship, join a fraternity of sorts with other young men that have also shown that they answer to a high calling of loyalty, dedication, sportsmanship and work ethic. Recipients of the scholarship are routinely contacted for input, suggestions, and thoughts on all aspects of the foundation, but more importantly, they are contacted because we care about them and want to support them in any way that we can as they progress through life. Recipients of this scholarship are forever tied to Blake and the foundation that bears his name. We take great pride in the recipients of the scholarship as we are sure that Blake does as well.
NOT OPEN YET 2022: Robert Samples Memorial-SCHS ONLY
Other Scholarships of Interest (not locally sponsored)
NOT OPEN YET FOR 2023: Young Farmer Scholarship (KY Farm Bureau)
One $2,000 scholarship and one $1,000 scholarship to two college or vocational/technical school students.
- be a member of Kentucky Farm Bureau and remain such while the scholarship is in force.
Note: Applicants are strongly encouraged to retain their own membership. However, an applicant who is a dependent may apply under a parent’s/guardian’s membership.
- be between the ages of 18-35 years old. Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time of application submission and have not reached their 36th birthday by January 1, 2021.
- be a college upperclassman (Sophomore-Senior status) for the 2021-2022 school year. Vocational/Technical school students and Graduate-level students are also eligible to apply.
- be majoring in agriculture or a related field at a Kentucky college or university, unless the program of study is not offered in the state of Kentucky.
- be enrolled as a full-time student each semester the scholarship payments are made; the student will forfeit the scholarship, should they be less than full-time.
The application postmark deadline is