Second Grade Rock Stars
Let the Countdown Begin!
Our Highlights: What We've Been Rockin' At!
- What a Rockin' week we've had! We finished our biggest assessments and began our Rock Star Countdown! We have already rocked out on Rockin' Out Day, remember the good ol' days on Old Time Memories Day, and realized that life is a beach during Catching the Summer Waves Day. Check out the brief recaps below!
- We really Rocked out on Wednesday! We learned about some instruments, played some, and jammed together! A small prize for the first two parents who can figure out what girl played the ukelele in class and what boy played the violin in class (leave it in the comment section at the bottom of the newsletter- you might have to click to get to the website version). We also Exercised like a Rock Star (try it out! it's below.). We also worked on our "Second Grade Rocked" Memory Book, wrote about being a Rock Star, and began letters to incoming second graders sharing some advice with them.
- On Thursday we remembered and reflected on the year. We discussed some of our most memorable moments and then wrote about our favorite memory from the year and added the little camera craft so everyone could see a "snapshot of our year!" We additionally made our time capsules (to be opened in 2024 when these kiddos graduate high school- 10 years away). We also discussed what we might want to say to ourselves in the future to get ready to write our letters to our future self. Sent home today was a letter for you to add to it on Monday when we are all finished with them and take them home.
- Today we caught the summer waves with some great descriptive beach writing, setting goals for our summer, and also how we might dive into summer. We also soaked up the sun as we read "on the beach."
Exercise Like a Rock Star!
- We still need Field Day volunteers, 2 XX shirts, and 4 buckets! Our class will be going through our station this year and we can't wait to see our station volunteers! We need volunteers from 9:10-11:35. Can't make the entire time? That's okay we still need you! Contact Hope Gawlick at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help! (Thanks Hope!)
"My favorite memory was when we took a picture and gave it to Mrs. Martin. It was my favorite because I will always remember the class." - Delanie
"My favorite memory is when we had Valentines Day. I like when we made a card to the army. I like when we made a picture for our parents with jewels for the border and we could write Happy Valentine's Day!" -Abigail
A Snapshot of our year!
"My favorite memory this year was the Valentine's Day Feast. I still remember the creaminess of the mac and cheese and the bubbles in the drink." - Megan
The Good Ol' Days!
Moments imprinted in our minds!
"My memory was when Andrew puked in the bus when we were going to Berkeley because he is my friend." - Kai (with permission from Andrew)
Rockin' and Rollin' into Next Week!
Reading: Making connections while we read, reading for pleasure, and setting reading goals
Writing: Practicing all three of the forms of writing: persuasive, informative/explanatory, and to entertaining/narrative writing
Grammar: Needed within revising writing pieces and review of grammar
Conventions: Needed within editing writing pieces and review of conventions
Science and Social Studies: Scientific experiments, Travels, and Cultures
Life Trait: Habits #1-7: Reflecting on each of the seven habits, ourselves, and areas for improvement within the habits.
Reading like we are at the beach
Next on tour: Upcoming Events
- 06/09- WAVE Meeting at 6:30pm on Del Paso
- 06/10- Second Grade Spring Sing! (performances at 9:00am and 4:00pm)
- 06/12- WCS Board Meeting/Brown Act Training at 6:30pm
- 06/16- Thank You from 3:00-3:30pm at the area by Mrs. Martin's classroom (NP3 parking lot will be available for you to park)
- 06/18- Field Day (Potluck in Mrs. Martin's room after for students and parents 11:30-12:00ish. Bring your favorite dish!)
- 06/18- Last Day of School
Are you on remind 101 yet?
It's easy and it keeps your information (and mine) private!
Simply text: @194cc
to the phone number: (925) 203-1369