Week of November 28-December 2, 2022 - Principal's Message
We collected over 35 boxes of food for the Lion Share Food Pantry at St. Mark's Episcopal Church!!
Thank you for all of your support.
Weekly Events: ABILITIES WEEK each day we will focus on a different area: Sensory Systems, Physical Abilities, Social Skills & Behavior, Learning Differences, and Communication.
- Monday, November 28, 2022 (Day 50) - Grade 2 Hip Hop Residency
- Tuesday, November 29, 2022 (Day 51) - Grade 2 Hip Hop Residency. Grade 2 Pizzeria Uno trip. SLT Meeting 5:00 pm, PTA Meeting https://zoom.us/j/95180675811?pwd=TU9GRjlIQUxSbTJ3bzlSeno2UGEvdz09 Meeting ID: 951 8067 5811
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022 (Day 52) - Grade 2 Pizzeria Uno. Grade 3 NYC Ballet trip.
- Thursday, December 1, 2022 (Day 53) - Middle School Applications Due.
- Friday, December 2, 2022 (Day 54) - Brain Power Wellness class visits.
- Thursday, December 8, 2022 - Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences (virtual) This day will be a 1/2 day early dismissal. Please make an appointment with your child's teacher.
- Monday, December 19, 2022 - 2:30 pm Pre-K and K Storytime with Mrs. Claus auditorium.
- Monday, December 26, 2022 - Tuesday, January 3, 2023 - Winter Recess - School Closed
Laura Miniero, Principal
DOE Parent Messages
22-23 School Calendar: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/news/2022-2023-school-year-calendar/
Citywide Expectations for Behavior (Discipline Code) https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/know-your-rights/discipline-code
Middle School Application Process
Application Deadline, Thursday, December 1, 2022
Please contact our Parent Coordinator Ms. Olga Flores mailto:Oflores3@schools.nyc.gov or our Guidance Counselor Mrs. Monica Recalde mailto:MRecald@schools.nyc.gov to set up your MYSchools application and NYCSA account to register.https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/enroll-grade-by-grade/middle-school
Hunter's Point Middle School Open House - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cDaQde6GIEhAuDx7s5ywffVeDixpBVRoMg2lJrYM6vw/edit
IS 145 - Open House
Time: Friday November 18th
Meeting ID: 853 9984 8014Passcode: 145145
Middle School Open House Schedule
PTA Welcome Letter
November 1, 2022
Dear Parents and Guardians,
This year’s Parent Teacher Association (PTA) Executive Board is excited to welcome you all to the 2022-2023 school year. We are here as a resource of information and support for our families. Every parent/guardian is a part of the PTA as soon as their child starts their first day of school. Parent involvement is key to our children’s school success.
The PTA’s mission is to support the school, the staff, and—most importantly—the students in our community. “It takes a village to raise a child,” and to do so, we encourage parents to consider volunteering at our events and participating in our meetings.
We’d also like to take this opportunity to ask for a voluntary donation of at least $20 per family to help us offset many of the overhead costs with upcoming school events. However, please contribute as much as you can. Every dollar will help us in reaching our goal to make our children’s educational experience the best it can be! (Donations can also be made via PayPal: search for email@example.com)
As parents, first and foremost, we know how helpful and comforting it can be to know and have access to other parents in the school. Therefore, if you ever have any questions, concerns, or ideas, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to PS212 and together let’s make this school year for our children one to remember. See you soon!
From your PTA executive board,
Thank You for your donations
Please detach and attach payment (cash only)
Childs Name: _________________________________ Class: ____________
Donation Amount $ ___________
Co-President - Michael Torpey
Treasurer - Ana Garcia
Secretary 1 - Gloria Contreras
Secretary 2 - Linda Leung
Secretary 3 - Grace De Pena
Consider a $20.00 donation. Your commitment provides activities for students such as arts residencies, field trips, and kindergarten and grade 5 end of year celebrations