We Are Together Tamanend!
January 6, 2014
Tamanend Friends - All Together
Pictured above are all of the Friends wearing their t-shirts designed by 9th grader, Tara T.
Making Exercise Fun for Everyone
We use a buzzer and intercom system to allow visitors to enter the building. Visitors will be asked for photo ID and the purpose of their visit before being buzzed in. All visitors MUST have photo ID in order to be admitted to Tamanend.
Please use the following procedures:
- Enter the building using the Main Entrance doors.
- Once inside the vestibule, go to the door to the Main Office.
- Please press the button and state your name and reason for visit.
- Make yourself visible and have your photo ID ready to show a staff member.
- Once you are positively identified, you will be buzzed into the Main Office.
- When you enter the office, please sign in and take a Central Bucks visitor sticker.
- When leaving the building, please use the same door from which you entered.
- If you do not have photo ID when asked, you will not be permitted to enter the building.
If you are coming to Tamanend to pick up a sick child, you will go through the same procedure listed above so please have ID with you. Please note, students are not permitted to text/email/call parents/guardians to come pick them up when they feel sick during school. They must go to the nurse when they are sick and the nurse will contact parents/guardians.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we continue to make Tamenend Middle School a safe learning environment for students, staff, and visitors.
2nd Marking Period Ends January 24th
It will not be long before we are closing the 2nd Marking Period of the school year. Students were reminded to make sure they are on top of their progress by using the portal. We had 86% of all Tamanend students make the honor roll last marking period. That is a testament to the hard work and dedication of each of our students and teachers as well as parent support. We would like to see that percentage grow. We encourage students to challenge themselves to learn and keep trying, even when they find something difficult. We want students to reach out to their teachers for support and never give up on their learning. Our motto for academic growth at Tamanend is IF-YET-TRUST!
CB South High School Open House
Thursday, Jan. 9th, 6:30-8pm
1100 Folly Rd
Martin Luther King, Jr. - National Day of Servicce
Monday, Jan. 20th, 9pm
Temple Judea, 38 Rodgers Road, Furlong, PA
If you participate in this Day of Service, please share your photos with us by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Note, each year you need to reselect Tamanend so that your shopping benefites TMS.
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Notes from Previous Tamanend Connections:
Teen Cooking Classes:
Teen Cuisine is an exciting 6 week program starting on January 23 at Tohickon Middle School. Students will learn how to eat healthfully, be active, and build personal skills to live well for a lifetime. The program will run on Thursday evenings from 6:15-8:00 PM.
Teen Now You're Cookin'! will run on Thursday evenings at Tohickon from 6:15-8:00 PM throughout the month of March. Students will learn to prepare and taste two new dishes during each class. A physical activity will also be part of the program.
Students can come alone or with a friend. Students do not need to be accompanied by an adult. These programs are a great way for them to meet new friends and stay active over the cold winter months. Click here for more information. To register, go to www.StMaryhealthcare.org/Kidshape, or contact Joann Dorr at 215-710-4590, or jdorr@StMaryHealthcare.org.
- KAD T-shirts will be on sale during all lunches starting today for $12.00, or two for $20. Show your spirit and support by purchasing a t-shirt so that when Mrs. Dolan visits Tamanend in January she can see our Tamanend Together with KAD Spirit!
- There is a Parent Portal app for your smartphone. Click here for more information.
- Click here to view previous Tamanend Connections from 2013-2014.
- For information about Tamanend's 2013-2014 Yearbook, click here.
- We frequently conduct safety drills here at Tamanend Middle School to ensure that our students are prepared for various types of emergencies. It is important that your student dresses appropriately for weather, including shoe choices.
- Because the Parent Portal allows parents/guardians to check student progress on a regular basis, we will no longer print and send home interim progress reports. We encourage all parents/guardians to log in and check the Parent Portal on a weekly basis. Parents have access to current grades, assignments, attendance, and more.
- Students may not arrive to school in the morning until 7:10 AM. That is when staff members are available to supervise students.
- Parent Volunteers Needed! Please sign up using our online form. Code word = tms.
- Click here to learn about CBSD efforts against bullying and for resources helpful to parents on this important subject and more.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- 2013-2014 CBSD Calendar
To receive text alerts from CBSD, click here.