March News & Notes
Meadowview's Monthly Newsletter
Open House and Ice Cream Social Tonight!
The next Fun Fair Planning meeting is Monday March 12th at 7pm at Buffalo Wild Wings at 7 Bridges.
The next PTO meeting is Wednesday, March 13th at 6:30 pm in the LRC at Meadowview. We will have child care available!
Parent teacher conferences will be Thursday March 15th & Friday March 16th. Thursday, March 16th we have 1/2 day of school. Students leave at 11:30, lunch will not be served. Conferences on Thursday will be from 3-8 pm. Conferences on Friday, March 16th will be from 11 am-4 pm. All conferences will be scheduled online through Skyward. The conference scheduler will open Monday, March 5th at 8 am. There will be two help sessions at Jefferson Junior High School for ALL parents, March 5th & March 7th from 5-7:30 pm. The directions are attached below.
Students will not be in attendance on Friday, March 2nd. Teachers have the County-wide institute.
Spring Pictures will be March 22nd! More info to come home soon!
After school programming information will be coming home early March. Please return your responses as quickly as possible. While we do our best to place as many students as possible, and students who haven't been in a session, please know we can't accommodate everyone in every session, we do our very best! The last session begins the Tuesday we return from Spring Break.
Spring Break is from March 26th through April 2nd. We return to school on Tuesday April 3rd.
Do you know anyone with Kindergarten age kids?
PLEASE, please, please register online as early as possible! By registering early, we can anticipate which grade levels will split and how many staff we will need. The sooner everyone registers, the better.
If you are wondering about payment, you don't have to pay when you register! There is a discount for registering early! Be on the lookout for more information!
On April , all Meadowview students in grades 3-6 will be taking the PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers) assessment. This assessment is designed to measure students’ progress toward ELA/Literacy and Math Illinois state standards.
To help students perform their best on the PARCC assessment, we need your help! Please make sure your student(s) :
- Gets plenty of sleep each night
- Eats a healthy breakfast
- Arrives to school on time. Once the test starts, tardy students will have to wait in the office while the class is testing.
- Dresses in comfortable clothing
Please avoid scheduling appointments during testing times. We will be testing the mornings of the following days: April 4-6 and April 10-13 from 8:25 am to 11:25 am. Some classes will end a little earlier and some classes will begin a little later. That is the entire testing time for grades 3-6.
Students may bring a healthy snack.
FILL THE TRUCK!
Help us FILL THE TRUCK!
EASY PTO Fundraisers
- On Friday, March 16th, all day, Chuck E. Cheese will give the PTO 15% of food purchases and tokens will be given to kids! You'll get flyers next week.
- During the week of March 23rd to March 30th, Five Below on 75th street will give Meadowview PTO 10% of pre-tax purchases when you give them the flyer at time of purchase. You'll receive those flyers before break.
- Leo's Wines & Spirits will give 10% of pre-tax purchase to Meadowview PTO from now until March 10th. All you have to do is turn in the receipt to school in an envelope marked Leo's and we'll do the rest!