May 7, 2021
Odds and Ends from BES
Thanks for joining us for another great week of learning. This week we celebrated our teachers and today we appreciated our Food Service staff that go above and beyond to make delicious meals for our students and staff. Listed below are a few items of note for this week:
- Field Day- Lots of information is listed below for Field Day including a form that families will need to complete if they plan to take students from school early.
- Planning for the 21-22 Academic Year- If your family is relocating and/or won't be attending Berryton next year please email Mrs. Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PTO Meeting on Tuesday- PTO will meet on Tuesday in the BES Media Center at 6:30 to plan for next year. Any and all BES families are welcome to join our team!
- Summer Reading Opportunities- The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library has lots of fun events to promote reading for children. Click on the link below for more information.
- Yearbooks- We anticipate Yearbooks will be arriving in the near future. For students in person we will distribute these on May 21st. For fully remote students these will be distributed at the celebration at Lake Shawnee on the last day of school.
- American Rescue Plan Resources- We recently received a flyer regarding supports for families regarding the American Rescue Plan and have attached those below.
- Returning Home Learning Toolkits- In September we sent home learning toolkits to all of our students so that they would have the necessary basic supplies since we were in hybrid at that time. We ask that families return these toolkits or any piece of these toolkits that are still in good shape. Thanks for your assistance with this.
- Wacky Wednesday- For this Wednesday we invite Buffalos to wear their wackiest clothing, hair, and socks.
Wishing all of the mothers and caregivers a Happy Mother's Day.
Screen Free Buffalos
Field Day Information.
5/11- PTO Meeting at 6:30 (BES)
5/18- Amigos Night from 5-8:30
5/18- 5th and 6th grade Band Concert at SHHS- 7:30 pm (students need to arrive at 7:00)
5/24- 6th Grade Visit to SHMS
5/27- Field Day at BES
BES Forms for Families
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.