Architects have a very common job it is one that uses creative thinking graphic design and is very popular. America grossed about twenty-six billion dollars in 2011 with its estimated 17,500 architecture firms.
What does an architect do
Architects do may things like conversing with workers and clients to find the best possible fit for them.
- Meet with the customer to determine needs and requirements for buildings.
- Give estimates on cost and construction time.
- Discuss structure requirements.
- Talk with workers who prepare drawings and documents.
- Present scaled drawings, either with computer software or by hand.
- Negotiate contract documents for building contractors.
- Manage construction contracts.
- Visit worksites to make sure that construction matches to architectural plans.
- Seek new clientele by advertising and giving presentations.
How to become an architect
Architects spend a lot of their time in offices, where they meet with people, develop reports and drawings, and work with clients and engineers. They also visit construction sites to make sure the client's needs are met and to see the progress of projects. Some architects work from home offices.
Most architects work full time and many work additional hours, especially when facing deadlines. Self-employed architects may have more flexible work schedules.