Pride of the Tribe
Week of February 11, 2019
Capturing Kids' Hearts...Practice the Process
- GREETING - How are you greeting your students?
- GOOD THINGS - Are you promoting a positive, caring atmosphere?
- DISCIPLINE - When redirecting undesirable behaviors stay in the "questioning" mode. Use the 4 questions during private conversations.
- LAUNCH - Are you ending class on a positive note? Challenge yourself to launch 2-3 times per week! Make it a habit...It can be powerful!
Nuts & Bolts
- Technology Showcase
- It is due February 28, 2019, by 4:30 pm. (Every certified teacher is required to participate.)It should be printed and given to Mrs. Nelson
- It must be based on a Performance Assessment (PA) from TEKS Resource System unless your subject doesn't have any PAs (ie, Fine Arts).
- It must be a student creation; we have 2nd-grade students AppSmashing (using 2 or more apps to create a final product), so our expectations are growing!
- Student Concern Emails Sent From Counselors - If you receive an email from a counselor or administrator asking to be notified if a student is not in class, PLEASE contact the front office and do not email. These emails are sent for safety concerns and need to be addressed immediately if the student is not present for your class.
- CTE/Elective Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- English I EOC Field Test
- Tribe Time (Stay in 3rd period)
- SISD School Board Meeting @ 5:00pm
- Math/Science Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Tribe Time
- JV Tennis @ Whitesboro
- Softball vs Ponder @ SHS,5:00pm
- Boys Basketball vs Aubrey @ Aubrey, 5:00pm
- Girls Basketball vs Pinkston @ Creekview HS, 7:00pm
- English/SS Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Department Head Meeting @ 3:45pm
- Tribe Time
- Boys V Tennis @ Bell Tournament
- End of 4th S.W.
- Girls V Tennis @ Bells Tournament
- Softball vs Callisburg @ SHS, 5:30pm
- Boys Powerlifting @ LD Bell
I Leave You With This...
It really doesn't matter if lesson plans are perfectly aligned to the curriculum framework... Because disinterested kids really want to know, "Did you plan with me in mind? Did you consider how this lesson might engage me? Is it relevant to my life? Did I need to know this?" @purposepushers