January 7, 2022
Merry Christmas to Our Ukrainian Families
School re-starts on Monday, January 10th in person.
We look so forward to welcoming students back to classes and are working hard to keep our schools as safe as possible
PLEASE Stay Home if Feeling Unwell
● All individuals must review the Alberta Health Daily Checklist https://open.alberta.ca/publications/covid-19-information-alberta-health-daily-checklist with their children before sending them to school each day. Students and staff exhibiting any symptoms must remain at home until symptoms resolve. This is the single most important thing each of us can do to support our schools at this time.
● If your child has any of the core symptoms,https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-testing-in-alberta.aspx you are legally required to isolate. If they test negative on a rapid covid test, they must still stay home and away from others until symptoms resolve.
● For fully vaccinated students and staff (2 doses) who test positive on a rapid test for COVID-19: Isolate for 5 days from the start of symptoms or until they resolve, whichever is longer, if symptoms are not related to a pre-existing condition. For the 5 days following isolation, wear a mask at all times outside of the home.
● For fully vaccinated students and staff (2 doses) who test positive on a
rapid test for COVID-19:
○ Isolate for 5 days from the start of symptoms or until they resolve, whichever is longer, if symptoms are not related to a pre-existing condition. For the 5 days following isolation, wear a mask at all times outside of the home.
● For students not fully vaccinated (1 dose or less) who test positive for
covid on a rapid test:
○ Isolate for 10 days from the start of symptoms or until they
resolve, whichever is longer, if symptoms are not related to a
● Additional isolation information can be found here. https://www.alberta.ca/isolation.aspx
PLEASE NOTE THAT AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE RAPID TEST KITS AND MASKS FROM THE ALBERTA GOVERNMENT - FOR YOUR CHILDREN - WE WILL COMMUNICATE THAT TO YOU and let you know all expectations AND process around this.
Let's keep our school as safe as possible.
Thank you kindly,
Mrs. K. Antoniuk
Please note that the letter sent to families by the school division is below.
School Christmas Mass January 12th at OLPH Parish at 1:00 pm ... In person for Grade 4 only, the rest of the school will be attending mass virtually. Parents and families are welcome to join the mass through the live stream link on the OLPH website.
10- First DAY Back
12 - Indigenous Tournament of Books Begins
12 - Swimming Lessons AM 3G and 4P
12th @ 1:00 pm Virtual Mass for the School ...
13 - Virtual Indigenous Assembly
13 - Swimming Lessons AM 1F , 1N ,
13 - Swimming Lessons PM 2/3 H , 2 S
19 - Tournament of Books Book Reading
19 - Swimming Lessons AM 3G and 4P
19 - SCHOOL COUNCIL Virtual Mtg @ 7 pm
20 - Virtual Assembly
20 - Swimming Lessons AM 1F , 1N ,
20 - Swimming Lessons PM 2/3 H , 2 S
26 - Tournament of Books Book Reading
26 - Swimming Lessons AM 3G and 4P
27 - Virtual Gotcha Assembly
27 - Swimming Lessons AM 1F , 1N ,
27 - Swimming Lessons PM 2/3 H , 2 S
1 - Kindergarten Winter Wonderland TTH PM
2 - EARLY DISMISSAL school is over at 2:15 pm
2- Kindergarten Winter Wonderland MW AM
2 - Swimming Lessons AM 3G and 4P
3 - Swimming Lessons AM 1F , 1N ,
3 - Swimming Lessons PM 2/3 H , 2 S
4- REPORT CARDS AVAILABLE IN POWERSCHOOL
9 - Tournament of Books
9 - Swimming Lessons AM 3G , 4P
10 - NO SCHOOL Teachers Convention
11 - NO SCHOOL Teachers Convention
14 - 18 Random Acts of Kindness Week.
21 - NO SCHOOL FAMILY DAY
Swimming Lessons Fee due date changed to January 10th
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN WE ARE AT THE POOL WE DO NOT MIX WITH THE PUBLIC
Our students are in private lessons at the pool with their class only.
IF your child has their lessons first thing in the morning (Wednesday - 3G and Thursday 1F and 1N )Please have your child wear their swimsuit under their clothing on because we head to the pool right away. Pack a separate swim bag ... This would include UNDERWEAR, an extra pair of socks, towel, googles (optional) and an extra plastic bag for wet clothes and a comb or brush.
Swimming Lesson - Begin next week.
Grade 3 Mrs. Gauthier --> Bus leaves at 8:40 am to Kinsmen Pool 3G students need to be wearing their swimsuits under their clothes to school. Send: Towels, brush, and underwear in a separate bag and a bag an extra bag for wet clothes.
Grade 4 Podoborozny --> Bus leaves at 9:25 am to Kinsmen Pool 4P students need to be wearing their swimsuits under their clothes to school. Send: Towels, brush, and underwear in a separate bag and a bag an extra bag for wet clothes.
Grade 1 Mrs. Forslund --> Bus leaves at 8:40 am 1F students need to be wearing their swimsuit under their clothes to school. Send: Towels, brush, and underwear in a separate bag and an extra bag for wet clothes.
Grade 1 Mrs. Noel --> Bus leaves at 9:25 am 1N students need to be wearing their swimsuit under their clothes to school. Send: Towels, brush, and underwear in a separate bag and an extra bag for wet clothes.
- THURSDAY PM
- Grade 2/3 Mrs. Hunt --> Bus leaves at 12:40 pm to Emerald Hills Pool
- Grade 2 Miss Salsbury --> Bus leaves at 1:25 pm to Emerald Hills Pool
The Tournament of Books is soon to start
I am very excited to share with you that we are once again starting our Annual MCS Tournament of Books with Mrs. Wagner our Librarian leading this event.
This year we have an Indigenous Theme for the Tournament of Books
Two Books a Week will be read to the students
We will be starting with ...
Mikissuk's Secret written by Isabelle Lafonta and illustrated by Stephanie-Yves Barroux
The Salmon Twins written and illustrated by Caroll Simpson
I wonder what the students will choose as their favorite book this next week?
The Indigenous Tournament of Books is in January and in March.....
In February we will focus on Black History Month.
LET US GET SUPER EXCITED ABOUT BOOKS!
Are your children Metis? Please note the Chromebook Initiative below.
January 19th at 7 pm
ALL PARENTS ARE INVITED TO COME.
Here is the link for the meeting.http://meet.google.com/juj-kiqz-ocr
Please note the letter from the School Council below
To Kick the New Year off Parent Council AKA School Council is having a Bottle Drive
Where: Madonna Catholic School Parking Lot
When: Sunday January 30th, 2022 from 11AM-2PM
Bring your bottles to Madonna Parking lot, we will have a trailer there for collection.
Please tell your friends and families about this too, their bottles are welcome !
Sign up Your Child for the Next Sessions for Sacraments at OLPH Parish
- First Reconciliation & First Communion for children grade 2 and older
- Winter session register by January 7, 2022
- Spring Session register by March 31, 2022
- Registration Form lists dates and times, can be downloaded here OR picked up at the church: https://www.olph.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/First-Rec.Comm_.-Registration-Form-Winter-2022-Update.pdf
- Monthly Classes January -May 2022
- Please register by January 7, 2022
- Registration Form with class dates and times can be printed off from the parish website OR picked up at the church: https://www.olph.ca/sacraments/confirmation-2/
- Special preparation is available for families who did not baptize their children yet but wish to “catch up” and participate in sacraments with the peer group. Please contact the parish by email to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org