Live ~ Laugh ~ Love ~ Learn
............. Stephanie R. Gable ............. Elementary School Counselor
I teach to learn.
I learn to live.
I live to love.
~ They don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. ~
*I encourage parents to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding their students via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (281.213.1200).
A Comprehensive School Counseling Program
- Guidance Curriculum: Structured lessons designed to help students attain the desired competencies and to provide all students with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills appropriate for their developmental level.
- Individual Student Planning: Coordinated ongoing systemic activities designed to assist students in establishing personal goals and developing future plans.
- Responsive Services: Activities designed to meet the immediate needs and concerns of students. Services may include counseling in individual or small-group settings or crisis response.
- System Support: Services provided on behalf of students through interactions with others, including referrals for additional assistance, consultation, and collaboration with parents, teachers, other educators, and community organizations.
*More information regarding the counseling program can be found on the CFISD website at https://www.cfisd.net/en/parents-students/academics/guidance-counseling/
..... Swenke Elementary is No Place for Hate .....
- building inclusive and safe communities where respect is the goal, and all students can thrive.
- empowering students, faculty, administration, and families to take a stand against hate and bullying by incorporating new and existing programs under one powerful message.
- sending a clear, unified message that all students have a place to belong.
Each year, we will engage in various activities and challenges throughout the school year to support the No Place for Hate initiative. One activity that remains a constant is our "Mix-it-Up Lunch" on the first Monday of every month! On these days, students enter the cafeteria and are randomly placed at different tables, promoting the mixing up of students in order to meet and make new friends. Questions are presented during lunch to facilitate communication and thinking about various topics. Students are encouraged to spend time at recess after lunch, continuing to get to know their new friends!
Family and Community Involvement
CALLING ALL DADS!
- For all dads father-figures planning to serve in the program - Please be sure to create an account with our PTO volunteer system used to track volunteer hours for the campus. With an active volunteer account, we request that you go in and log the hours for the day you volunteer. To create an account and to access the system, go to https://apps.raptortech.com/Appy/MzYxOmVuLVVT. Contact our VIPS coordinator, Karen Thompson, at VIPS.Swenke@gmail.com if you have any issues or questions when setting up your account.
- Due to high volume of involvement (which is AMAZING), participants are allowed to commit to only ONE day during the school year. The sign-up portal will be open until the end of October. In late November, we will review the schedule, and if we find that there is availability, volunteers may schedule an additional day if desired.
- This year, we can accommodate ONE or TWO dads per day. If all spots are filled for the day, you must choose another day. If a friend is signing you up, that friend must sign you up separately. Please do not "add" a dad in the comments section. It is also important that you not bring additional people with you, as they will not be allowed to volunteer at that time.
- A reminder email for the day you serve will be sent to you two days prior.
- Please do not come expecting to volunteer on a day other than that for which you have signed up. Much planning takes place ahead of your attendance in scheduling with teachers and preparing activities specific to your schedule. For this reason, we will not be able to accommodate those coming on unassigned days. If you do not receive a reminder email a couple days prior to your planned date, please email the school counselor at email@example.com at least one day in advance so that the scheduling issue can be addressed.
- Arrival time is 7:35, and the day ends at 3:35. If you must leave early, we understand; however, we do have you scheduled for the entire day, which includes helping with our car rider line at the end of the day.
- Though it is not required, we do encourage all participants to wear a Watch D.O.G.S. t-shirt on the day of volunteering. A shirt of your choice can be purchased in the "DOGSTORE" at https://dadsofgreatstudents.com/. Simply purchase as a "guest" to the site. Also, your schedule will include active participation during recess and P.E., so be sure to plan your shoes and other attire accordingly.
- Every dad has a personalized schedule. This schedule allows you time with your child(ren) and also has you working in other areas of the building. It is important that you adhere to your schedule, as staff have made accommodations for you to assist them with specific activities at specific times. If you are in an area longer than the planned amount of time, schedules and routines can become disrupted. We appreciate your commitment and ask that you be respectful of the specified schedule. It is important that students maintain daily routines.
- We have TWO Watch D.O.G.S. parking spaces reserved up front for you!
- When you are in the cafeteria for lunch, we encourage you to eat at the classroom table with the students. You are here as a male mentor to all our students, and relaxing and eating lunch is a great way to interact with them.
- Use only the adult restrooms located in the front office or in the back hallway. Student restrooms are for students only.
*For more information about the program, see the organization's informational page at
GIFTED AND TALENTED EDUCATION
- BE SURE TO CHECK THIS PAGE PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES -