NUAMES North Counseling Center News
IN THIS ISSUE:
We are officially less than one month away from the end of the year and GRADUATION! Here are a few dates and details to be aware of as we finish this year strong! Please make sure you are passing your classes, completing all credit, and citizenship recovery by May 1st so you are on track to graduate!
SENIORS - You will be receiving a lot of information over the course of the next few weeks so please make sure that you are tuned in and reading your emails and announcements!
Senior End of Year Events
Donut and Decision Day for SENIORS! Wednesday, May 3rd
Senior Class Breakfast - May 15th
Cap and Gown Distribution - May 15th
Senior Awards Ceremony - May 16th
Seniors receiving awards and their parents /guardians are invited to come and celebrate our amazing Senior class and all that they have accomplished here at NUAMES! Awards will include Teacher Awards, Scholarship Recognition and Announcement of Valedictorian and Salutatorian.
LOCATION: Weber State Stewart Football Stadium - Sky Box Suite
Senior Cotillion Dance - May 17th
Yearbook Signing and Graduation Practice May 18th
- YEARBOOK DISTRIBUTION
- Seniors, pick up Yearbooks @ 12:45-1:45pm at Dee Event Center Main Entrance
- Get your yearbook, eat some pizza and sign yearbooks with your Senior classmates before Graduation practice!
- GRADUATION PRACTICE
- Practice will begin promptly at 2:00 pm. Seniors, please be on time!
- Graduates will need to gather on the west side of the Dee Events Center at the tunnel and be ready to start practice.
- Graduation practice will last until 3:00 PM
Graduation Ceremony - May 19, 2023
Weber State Dee Events Center
- Graduation 1:00 PM
- Graduation will be combined with Davis and North campuses
- Seniors must arrive in cap and gown by 12:15 PM
GRADUATION DRESS CODE:
- Graduates are NOT allowed to decorate their caps.
- Academic cords are the only cords allowed to be worn during the ceremony.
- Candy, flower or money leis, etc. are not allowed during the ceremony, but may be worn after to celebrate with your family and friends!
- School dress code is required for graduation and gowns need to be fully zipped. You are expected to dress and act as a dignified NUAMES student
More Graduation Information
- This year there are no tickets for graduation, so please feel free to bring all your family and friends to celebrate this graduation day with you!
- Please remember students are not allowed to decorate their graduation caps. If you decorate them you will not be able to wear them on graduation day!! NO EXCEPTIONS!
NUAMES Graduation Checklist
- Complete ALL required graduation credits, including CREDIT RECOVERY, by May 1 (see NUAMES Graduation Requirements page for more info)
- Verify that you are passing all current classes by May 12
- Pay all outstanding fees
- Work off and pay for all U's in citizenship
- Return books and devices
- Complete 6 Seminar assignments during the school year in Canvas (2 MANDATORY and 4 others of your choosing)
- Complete Senior Exit Survey at LINK
- Complete Capstone Project, Presentation, and Portfolio (Canvas Assignments)
Summer School Registration
Online Registration Opens May 1
- NUAMES is offering a few courses for Summer School
- Classes will be online only through Canvas
- Courses Available for 10th Grade = Driver's Ed ($250), Fit for Life ($100) and Health Ed ($100)
- Courses Available for 11th Grade - Those above plus Financial Literacy ($100) and US Govt ($200)
- Go to this LINK for registration staring May 1. Classes fill up fast!
End of Year Events Sophomores & Juniors
Other Fun Events!
Other End-of-Year Information
Seal of Biliteracy Applications Due May 1
If you are fluent in two languages, you can talk to your counselor about whether you are eligible for a SEAL OF BILITERACY. This is a seal that goes on your diploma showing you are certified to be proficient in TWO LANGUAGES.
You have to USE TEST SCORES to verify you are proficient in ENGLISH and another language.
Applications are DUE May 1 - See Counselor to get the application and testing details
Need a NUAMES High School TRANSCRIPT Sent?
- Go to the https://www.nuames.org website
- Select Quick Links
- Select Transcript Request
- Complete appropriate form on Parchment website
You may need to request a COLLEGE transcript directly from Weber State or other colleges for your CE credits to be sent to your future college.
- May 1: Credit Recovery and Citizenship Recovery Deadline!
- May 1: Summer School Registration Opens
- May 1: Hot Dogs and Hot wheels lunch activity @ NUAMES Portables!
- May 1 - 5: Teacher Appreciation Week! TELL A TEACHER THANK YOU!
- May 1: Summer School Registration Opens
- May 3: Senior College Decision Day and Donuts in Noorda #227 during lunch
- May 6: Women4STEM Event 9:00-3:30 WSU Davis Campus D3 Bldg. (must register by 5/1)
- May 12: Seniors must be passing all current classes TO BE CLEARED FOR GRADUATION!
- May 15: Cap and Gown Pickup 🎓9:00-3:00 @ Administration offices
- May 15: Senior Class Breakfast 7:00am @ Lind Lecture 126
- May 15: Science Rocket Launching @ W4 Parking Lot
- May 16: Hope Squad End of Year Carnival *During Lunch Portable Parking Lot!
- May 16: Senior Awards Ceremony 7:00 - 8:00pm @ WSU Stadium / SkyBox
- May 17: Senior Cotillion 6:30-9:00 PM / NUAMES Campus outside the Portables!
- May 18: Graduation Practice at Dee Events Center 2:00-3:00 PM
- 👨🎓👩🎓 May 19: Class of 2023 Graduation Day! @ 1:00pm
- May 23: Sophomore and Junior Awards Assembly
- May 24: Sophomore / Junior LUAU Yearbook Day! 🌴 🍍 🌺
- May 25: Lagoon Day 🎢
- May 26: Last Day of School