Give your photos a voice with Chatterpix!
What is Chatterpix?
Chatterpix is a FREE app available in the app store that can make anything talk--pets, friends, doodles, and more! Take any photo, draw a line to make a mouth, and record your voice....that's it!! Share with friends and family as a silly greeting, playful message, or creative card.
Cool things about Chatterpix
- Easy to use: choose a photo, draw a line for the mouth and record the message. Done!
- You don’t need to create an account to use it.
- It’s free.
- You’re limited to 30 seconds of audio, thus focusing students on the essential elements of storytelling.
How teachers can use it
- Take a picture of an object an add adjectives to describe it.
- Take a picture of geometric shape and have the shape give its attributes.
- Have students animate a favorite photo of themselves with messages for a virtual exhibition — great for students with social anxiety issues around presenting.
- Take a picture of a character in a book and have them introduce him/herself.
- Get a picture of the author of book and have the author share the author's message.
- Take a picture of a book and share the genre of the book and why.
- Make figurative language come to life. Use a picture to share personification/idioms/similies/metaphors as if they were taking literally.
- Record the morning school announcements.
- Take a picture of book and give a recommendation.
- Create a map of a country and give each state it’s own voice.
- Students can share a poem, tell or retell a story, tell a story from a different point of view, or even solve a math problem.
- Have students record bios of famous historical figures.
- As an educator, you could also record yourself giving instructions for a lesson; modeling that bio of a famous historical figure; create a map of a significant place in a book your class is reading
- Just for fun!
Step by Step Instructions
- Download and Open the App
- Take a picture
- Draw a line for the mouth on the object
- Record your voice for up to 30 seconds
- Add stickers if necessary/desired
- Save to the camera roll