Servant Leadership at ARaymond
News & Information
This is the first version of our new "Servant Leadersip Newsletter".
With this newsletter, we will inform you about initiatives and news.
If you want to share anything or give some feedback please contact Pascale Lagarde (firstname.lastname@example.org).
At ARaymond, we are convinced that it is important to move towards a new leadership mindset. Management need to become more collaborative and people-focused.
According to Robert K. Greenleaf, "The servant leader is servant first... It begins with the natural feeling that one wants to serve, to serve first. That person is sharply different from one who is leader first. The difference manifests itself in the care taken by the servant-first to make sure that other people´s highest priority needs are being served. A servant leader focuses primarily on the growth and well-being of people and the communities to which they belong. The servant leader shares power, puts the needs of others first and helps people develop and preform as highly as possible."
We characterize this leadership with the following sentence: "What can I do for my team rather than what can my team do for me." We expect our servant leaders to follow the management pillars which are listening, taking care, dialogue, delegating, encouraging and trust, in order to convey this approach to their team members.
310 managers & leaders have been invited to the program between Oct. 2013 and March 2016. They come from different countries, functions, managing levels and generations!
Below is the representation of the 310 participants´functions.
Feedback from the participants
What did you learn or discover during the program? - The most significant items:
- I learned about myself, self-awareness through MBTI profile
- I discovered new colleagues - new community - diversity is powerful (profile and countries)
- The benefits of Servant Leadership approach: more communication, delegation, mediation, listening, tools and methods to solve problems, new attitudes to collaborate with my team.
In what actions are you personally going to commit after the program?
- Present Servant Leadership to my team
- Build a vision with the team / Involve the team into changing
- Active listening, more open mind to listen
- Delegate some projects to my team
- Support / coach some individuals of my team
- Try to be an example, an ambassador of Servant Leadership