Mrs. Bond's Bulletin
Week of December 9th-13th
District's mission: Preparing each child for a successful future.
Class Mission: We will come to school and be respectful and responsible learners and leaders. We will work together to help each other be ready for 3rd grade!!
Personal missions statements coming soon!
DATES TO REMEMBER
Important Information and Dates for Schofield Families
- Christmas Break - December 23rd - January 3rd
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
The Cheers for Peers student leadership team would love to share your child's celebrations, outside of the classroom, with our Schofield family. Please send a picture of the celebration with a description of the accomplishment to email@example.com and we will post it on our Schofield Spotlight Celebration board.
Ideas of celebrations could include:
Winning a tournament
Participating in a play
Learning to play a new instrument
Learning to tie shoes
Girl Scout/Boy Scout accomplishment
An awesome hunting/fishing experience
Riding a bike w/o training wheels
The options are endless!
WHAT WE'RE LEARNING- School Improvement Plan
Our goal at Schofield Elementary is to make sure that 80% or more of our students are proficient with Missouri Learning Standards for math and literacy. Here is what we will be learning this week to work toward this goal.
- 2.R.1.C.a Text to text (text ideas including similarities and differences in information and relationships in fiction and nonfiction)
- 2.R.3.C.d Identify the author's purpose
- 2.W.2.A.a Introduce a topic or text being studied using complete sentences
- 2.W.2.A.b State an opinion about the topic or text and provide reasons for the opinion
- 2.GM.D.12 Find the value of combinations of dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ₡ appropriately.
- 2.GM.D.13 Find combinations of coins that equal a given amount.
- 2.EG.5.A.a Read and construct maps with title and key.
- 2.EG.5.A.b Identify the properties and use of different types of maps for a variety of purposes.
- 2.EG.5.B.b Name and locate regions of the world.
SCHOFIELD's ATTENDANCE GOALS
Each day that we have 100% attendance in our classroom we will place one letter of the word ATTENDANCE on the board. When we complete the word we will celebrate as a class! Our year to date proportional attendance is 95.93%
Currently we have the letters:
During our next visit from Ms. Pietruszynski, students will begin exploring the world of work. Students are never too young to start thinking about future careers and we are excited for our Schofield students to begin thinking about their future. As always, feel free to contact Ms. Pietruszynski with any questions/concerns you might have regarding your student. firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-3610.
Schofield has many opportunities for families to volunteer and be involved during the school day. If you are interested in the below parent involvement opportunities, please contact Ms. Markie Bravestone, Schofield’s Assistant Principal, at email@example.com.
Watch D.O.G.S. Dads
Dads spend the day mentoring students and helping around the school.
Greet students at the beginning of the day
Help with breakfast of lunch
Help in the art room or library
Read to your lifelong learner’s class
In addition to the above opportunities during the school day, parents can attend PTO Meetings, assemblies, special building events and serve on the Parent Lighthouse Team. Communication about these events are on Schofield’s Facebook page and in monthly building newsletters.
Schofield Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/SchofieldElementarySchool/