Peek at the Week
Week of 4/11/16
Monday, 4/11 Orders Due to Ms. Lisa for 2016-17 School Year Materials
Monday, 4/11 Staff Meeting, 3-4pm
Tuesday, 4/12 Pride Planning Committee, 8am
Tuesday, 4/12, ILT Meeting, 3-4:30]
Thursday, 4/14, Chelsea @ Principal PD, Ms. Morgan in charge
4/14-4/15 Students with Visual Impairments to Enchanted Hills Camp
Weds, 4/20 SSC (Anderson, Toller, Ghazizadeh, Witte)
Monday, 4/25 ILT
Tuesday, 4/26 SST Day
May 2-6 Teacher Appreciation Week
May 5, 6-7:30pm Open House
May 6, Science Fair
4/29 Glenview LGBTQ Pride Day
5/10 EarthCapades (Environmental and Science Assembly) K-2: 12:45- 1:30, Grades 3-5: 1:50-2:35
Save the Date!
5/14, Saturday, Glenview PTA is planning a Goodbye Glenview party...share the invite with alumni!
6/1- Retirement Party
Moving Minds- Instruction and Academics
2015-16 Oakland Unified Big Question of the Year
2015-16 Big Question
How are we aligning strategies for all targeted groups to ensure closing achievement gaps?
Professional Development This Week
Mindfulness: 4/13 (Schenker)
1) Analyze our Science Data
2) Discuss our cycle goals
3) Link our FOSS work to the science standards and to the upcoming Science Fair
4) Share Planning Resources
5) Plan in Grade Level Teams
SST Day- 4/26
State Testing Begins (SBAC)
Professional Development Plan from Now Until June
- Science PD starts next week (be ready to plan your science projects!) and runs through Weds. 5/11
5/19- PD Planning for Next year, Special Guest ELA Consultant Anne Diskin
5/25- End of Year Glenview Professional Showcase: Come prepared to share your professional learning and drink a Mocktail while Mingling
Additional Shortened Days
- 4/28, Thursday SEL
- 4/29, Friday: TBD
- 5/26, Thursday, Planning for Santa Fe
5/12: ILT: Wolfe, Plambeck, Morgan, Wong, Toller, Miller, Alexander, Fowlkes, Witte
5/25 SEL: Litt, Smith, Wong, Sullivan, Alexander, Toller, Cuny, Brodsky, Morgan
Moving Bodies- Operations & Logistics
Change in Weds Schedule for Next Year
Weds. Schedule for 2016-2017
1:15-1:30 PM Duty and releasing students
1:30-2:20: Shared Prep
2:25 - 4pm: PD
· The 2015-16 OEA contract includes a pay increase and an additional 30 minutes of professional development per week.
Currently we have PD from 1:40-3pm (1 hour and 20 min.)
· Next year we will have 2:25-4pm (1 hour and 35 minutes, still less than the 1 hour and 50 min.
· This leaves an additional 100 minutes per month for professional development.
· 60 minutes per month will be scheduled for a monthly afterschool grade level meeting for nuts and bolts (field trips, testing schedules, etc. in order to preserve PLC time for curriculum. This will be on the first Tuesday of the month from 3-4pm.
· Two preps and PLC during the week require additional prep teachers and complicated scheduling.
· Having a shared prep from 1:30-2:20 allows for teachers to have their union required two preps a week without requiring as much scheduling
· Shared prep. creates an opportunity for people to check in with colleagues if they choose during their preps which is not possible when both preps are during the week
· Having PLC afterschool on Weds. would mean that teachers would be in pm meetings every Weds from 1:30-4pm
· In addition, PLC cannot be on Weds. afternoons because TSA cannot attend all PLCs if they are all held at the same time.
Ms Sullivan: April 11-15
Mr. Witte: April 18-22
- Pick up clothes in lower and upper yards and hang in the auditorium
- Put all "little stuff" (lunches, books, headbands, scarves, hats) in the box next to the rack in the auditorium
- Extra - zip/button up sweaters and jackets
- More Extra - arrange by size (great for those looking for a "small jacket")
Even More Extra - create a "Labeled" tag(s) that demarks a section on the rack. If your team finds labeled clothes, they can hang them in the labeled area of the rack.