National Custodial Recognition Day
We Love Our MP Crew!!
Great thanks to our MP cusodial crew for working hard every day to keep our building a safe and clean place for all of us.
Please offer your thanks to our MP team below:
- Pedro Parra Diaz
- Jaime Zavala
- Jose Molina Visalaya
National Bullying Prevention Month
October is National Bullying Prevention Month! During classroom counseling lessons, students will be learning how to recognize, report, and refuse bullying. They will practice using assertiveness to stand up for themselves and others and will explore the role of the bystander in bullying situations.
Check out this article by The Committee for Children to learn more about bullying and strategies to combat it in your community.
Thank you to those who joined us via Zoom last week for our General Assembly Meeting. We have the budget set, we have new ideas to research and the PTO is excited to see what the year brings.
October is an exciting month at MP and a couple of MP favorites are happening soon! The Son+1 Event is October 12th at 5:30. Your MP son can pick a special guest to come as his +1 to enjoy this special time celebrating him. You can get more information, volunteer to help with the event, and purchase tickets online by visiting machesterparkpto.org/sonplusone. Pre-purchase your ticket(s) by Oct. 8th!!!
The Fall Book Fair is from Monday, Oct. 9th through Oct. 11th and our traditional family night is on Tuesday, October 10th from 6-8 pm. Visit manchesterparkpto.org/bookfair for more information or to volunteer. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Halloween at MP
As I'm sure some have started Halloween costume prep, I wanted to send this info to you now.
MP will be celebrating Halloween on Tuesday, October 31.
Please make note of specifics below.
8:30 AM, Costume Parade
- Students are to wear costumes to school that day.
- Parents should send in a bag for costume storage if student prefers.
- Parade will take place outside, so parents may see our little goblins by standing in front and side parking lots.
- If weather does not cooperate, the parade will take place indoors with students only.
3:00 PM, Classroom Parties
- PTO will communicate with those coming in to facilitate games.
- Those supplying approved snacks may send those in with students on that Friday before.
- Party snacks will be enjoyed during the school day during regular snack time.
- Due to food sensitivities, no additional snacks will be distributed.
Please avoid the following:
- Full costume face masks. We must see student and adult faces.
- Extra accessories that may become distractions during the school day.
- Face painting, as that is tough for a student to wear all day.
- Anything scary or gruesome. That includes cartoon characters that send a negative or violent message.
- Play weapons or sharp objects.
Costumes should be easy enough for a student to manipulate independently and allow them to sit at student desks for learning activities.
Jared Coones Pumpkin Run
MP always has a good showing at the Annual Jared Coones Pumpkin Run. Please see guidelines below and registration form at the link below.
-Each student must have an adult also registered with them.
-The event is at Black Bob elementary school on Saturday, October 14
-Please put Manchester Park on the form and include the student who you are running/walking with.
-If you have friends who will run also, or a last name different than your student, please put the name of the student at the bottom of the form.
Lunch With Your Timberwolf
- Prior sign-up is required
- Each slot covers two guests
- Upon arrival, office staff will check for your sign-up
- Lunch will take place in the cafeteria, as we don't have other available spaces
- You may bring lunch in for your student, but may NOT share food with other students
- If you'd like to purchase a school lunch, contact our front office by 9:00 AM to order
- Payment is not accepted on site, so be sure to have enough $$ on your child's meal account to cover
Link to sign-up is below.