The Advisor Advocate
Rock, Paper, Scissors!
- Everyone find a partner!
- You will say Rock, Paper, Scissor, shoot!
- Select your choice.
- If you win, then you become the leader.
- If you lose, then you become the other person’s cheerleader.
- Cheerleaders just yell and cheer on their leader.
- Leaders find another leader to challenge.
- The process continues until it is two leaders challenging each other, with everyone else cheering.
Process this activity with your council!
- How did it feel to be a cheerleader?
- How did it feel to be a leader?
- Which role did you enjoy more?
- If you were a leader, how did it feel to have people cheering you on?
- If you were a cheerleader, how did it feel to cheer others on?
Both roles are important! Sometimes you need support behind the scenes in order to get the job done. Sometimes you need someone to take charge and lead. Both have value and contribute to the good of the group.
S- Specific: Decide what your want to accomplish
M- Measurable: How much? How many? How will you know it’s accomplished?
A- Attainable: Is the goal reasonable?
R- Realistic: Do you have the ability and commitment to achieve this goal?
T- Time-Bound: Putting an ending point for your goal is essential!
Sample SMART goal:
I will raise $100 for Bert’s Big Adventure through emailing family members asking for a $20 donation to engage in GASC’s State Service Project, and will turn in at GASC Convention at the end of February .
Now take some time to craft three goals for the year!
Check-in every 30 days to see where you are at and reevaluate!
GASC Leadership Summit
November 5, 2018
Georgia State Capitol
National Conference on Student Activities
November 30 - December 2, 2018
Westin Atlanta Perimeter North
The National Conference on Student Activities will replace our Advisor Conference this year, since we are hosting! This is an amazing opportunity to experience a national conference right here in your home state. There will be amazing keynote speakers, seminars, and workshops. Check out the website or email us for more information. Registration goes live August 15th!