May in Review
An a"MAY"zing month in deed!
A MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
Well, another fantastic year is complete! Lots of learning took place over the course of the last 9 months. I'm proud of all we have accomplished. Thank you families and friends of our kids for partnering with us on this journey as we help to shape the lives of future innovators that will impact the future. "It takes a village" as the saying goes.
As we close out the year, I want to make sure I encourage everyone to make sure that learning continues over the summer. Riding bikes and playing tag in the backyard are important, but so is taking a little time to read and/or write each day. The students really enjoyed some of the learning apps---many are free. Just 15-30 minutes a day can make the world of difference to be ready for next year.
I don't want be too long winded in the closing newsletter, so I will simply end with---THANK YOU. Thank you kids for working hard. Thank you teachers for caring so much. (We--all the staff here--truly feel like these kids are part of our family!) Thank you parents for being involved in our school and working with us to support the emotional, social, and academic development of these kids! Thank you PTO for all you do! Thank you volunteers for giving your time to support these kids. Thank you. Thank you. We have so much to be thankful for and so much to be proud of.
Here's to a fantastic summer!
DATES TO REMEMBER
June 8 Last Day of School/Early Release at 11:30
June 18 First Day of Summer Learning--Held at Marinette High School
July 4-6 No Summer Learning
July 18 Last day of Summer Learning
August 28 Garfield Open House 3:30-5:30
September 4 First Day of School & Picture Day
Character Trait winners for May--Fairness
SPIRIT STICK WINNER----Mrs. Smith's class
PICTURES FROM JR. OLYMPICS
TEACHER VS STUDENT DODGEBALL GAME
3RD & 4TH GRADE FIELD TRIP TO BAY BEACH
After the presentation, the students were all able to get their hands dirty by taking part in planting the four new trees located around the school. Thank you Mr. Lapacz for sharing your knowledge of trees with our students!
PTO Meeting minutes
Summer Reading Club at the Stephenson Public Library
Theme: "Libraries Rock!"
Start Date: June 11th, End Date: August 20th
Weekly Challenges: (all ages)
1) Complete from a bingo style list of options each week, turn in to enter monthly drawing, add to our musical composition, and to earn points for your elementary school
2) Guessing Jar: Try to predict the contents of a container based on the sound it makes to enter a weekly drawing.
3) Puzzles/Activity Sheets: Complete the puzzles or activities to enter a monthly drawing
Summer Blast Off Party 6/11
Merline's Magic and More 6/27
Summer Celebration 8/20
1) Maker Monday (ages 7 and up): come make something with us
2) Summer Club House (ages 4-12): Listen to a story, and participate in an activity, then explore activities and a craft
3) Teen Scene (ages 12-18): Various activities and hanging out with friends
4) Volunteens (ages 12-18): Help out at programs as needed; contact library for application
5) Itsy Bitsy (ages birth-3): Stories, songs, and social for littles
6) Activity at a local Supervised Playground: see individual playgrounds for schedule
1) Youth/Teen/Adult Book Clubs
2) Ukulele for Teens and Adults
3) Genealogy for Teens and Adults
4) eBooks and audio books for Teens and Adults
Please call Lara Lakari, Children's Services Librarian, with any questions.
Marinette County Consolidated Public Library Service
1700 Hall Avenue
Marinette, WI 54143