Jefferson Elementary School
May 2013 Newsletter
From Mrs. Hausmann
Another school year has come and gone! As a staff we are excited to celebrate the students and how much they’ve learned as well as matured. We consider it a privilege to spend the day with your child. We have wrapped up our testing season for this year and we are pleased with the growth your children are making. We appreciate your partnership in providing the best education possible for your child!
Please watch the calendar closely in May as there are a number of special dates to make note of.
The Loyalty Day Parade will be on Wednesday, May 1st at 4:00 p.m. starting from the Salvation Army parking lot at 7th and Norfolk Ave. Students need to gather behind the Jefferson banner ASAP before 4:00. Please wear Jefferson T-shirts or sweatshirts to show school spirit. Parents are responsible for bringing their children to the 7th street parking lot for the parade, staying with the children (the parade only lasts about 15 minutes) and taking them home immediately after the parade.
· Loyalty Day Parade is scheduled for Wednesday, May 1st, 4:00 P.M.
· Kindergarten Round – Up – Wednesday, May 1st 9-11 am or 1-3 pm
· PTO Ice Cream Social and Basket Auction has been rescheduled for May 3rd at 7:00!
· Monday, May 20th the Jefferson students will walk to Johnson’s Park in the morning at 11:30 a.m. for a picnic lunch served by Hy-Vee East (Jefferson business partner). In the afternoon, relays/games will be played at the park.
· Wednesday, May 22nd we will have a brief awards ceremony in the Jefferson gym at 9:00 a.m. The students’ dismissal will be at 11:30 a.m. with no lunch being served. Report cards will go home with students.
Jefferson’s office closes for the summer on June 7th. We will reopen August 1st. If you need anything over the summer break, please contact our Central Office at 402-644-2500.