Weeks of February 15th-February 26th
Time flies when you're having fun!
Tuesday, Feb 16 - PLC, Parent Teacher Conferences
Wed., Feb 17 - Staff Development - more info from Sue and Amy soon, 3:00 Assembly
Thursday, Feb 18- Husky Council; Wear 20 Sweatshirts; Writers Luncheon Names Due
Friday, Feb. 19th - NO SCHOOL! ENJOY!!!
Monday, Feb. 22 - SRT; Writers Luncheon
Tuesday, Feb. 23 - PLC
Wednesday, Feb 24 - Staff Management
Thursday, Feb 25 - Service Team; Interest Fair
Friday, Feb. 26 - Maker Space Team; Winter Swimming Celebration; Favorite Movie/Singer
Saturday. Feb. 27 - HPSA and YMCA Winter Party/Family Night
Swimming Reminders for January 26th
- ALL students MUST have a paper permission slip turned in to attend.
- Parents MUST be approved through the HSSD Volunteer Process in order to swim and help with the trip.
- Please continue to check on parent names with Karen as your forms are returned or names are added.
- Thank you to the celebration committee for organizing this! I think the kids will have fun!
Personalized Learning Check In
"Tinkering is a powerful form of learning by doing, an ethos shared by the rapidly expanding maker community and many educators. It celebrates the best of what it means to be human. One of the most endearing things about the maker movement is how many children are celebrated as heroes, leaders, and innovators." (Martinez, Invent to Learn)
Educator Effectiveness Check In
Literacy Check In
Also, a reminder about the excellent resources that are part of our district website. Today, I wanted to highlight out "Beliefs" about Literacy as a district:
- Proficiency in literacy is critical
- The Howard-Suamico School District is the primary literacy leader in our community
- Schools in the Howard-Suamico School District create a culture of literacy
- Continuity in literacy instruction must be appropriate to student strengths and needs
- Appropriate intervention is critical for student literacy development
- Teachers are mentored and prepared to provide high quality literacy instruction
- Administrators actively support the literacy plan
- Families and communities play an integral role in literacy development