Week of March 26th, 2018
- Date Changes - There are a couple of Spring Date Changes. Please note the following updates- Book Fair 4/23-4/27 and Field Day May 25. Please refer to the PD Calendar (below) for updates to collaborative team times.
- Robotics Badge - Feeling brave? Want to try out one of our new robotics/coding tools? Go for it! Also, don't forget to submit your badge request in the Schoology course!
- Math Block Feedback - See the email from Kelly Silvestri dated 3/20. Please take advantage of this time to provide input, and email Kelly with any ideas/suggestions by Monday.
- Laundry Detergent Drive and Book Drive - There are lots of opportunities to give! Please see the flyers below, and include them in your newsletters.
- Volunteer Breakfast - The spreadsheet for names and breakfast items is below.
Field Trip Planning
- Check the date with Michelle and Cooper.
- Notify Nora if you'll be gone for lunch.
- Notify the Office once the trip is confirmed. That allows Jill to review meds, etc and allows Gina and Michelle to review background checks.
- Notify mentors, reading buddies, etc that your class will be gone that day.
- Please notify the Office when parent chaperones will be arriving and where they should wait.
GE Model School Visit
As we draw closer to the end of the year, please continue to focus on the GE Practices and further integrating them into your classroom, as well as any feedback you received from ReGina on our recent coaching days.
Night At The School
As part of the PTO Silent Auction, we are having a fun night at school on April 27 from 5:30 to 8:30. We would love to have celebrity teacher guests join us (and the kids would love it even more)!!! We'll have a picture/video scavenger hunt, eat dinner, play games, etc. etc. Let us know if you'd like to come. Staff volunteers can bring your kids!
Mary, Kaylyn, & Cooper
- Please make sure you backup your important data to your Google Drive or H Drive.
- This upgrade will take anywhere from 45 minutes to one and a half hours, during which time you cannot use your Mac. Please plan accordingly (before bed, after workday, Spring Break).
- You will need to be plugged into power the entire during the entire upgrade.
FULL STEAM AHEAD!
We are in search of multiple presenters for our first ever STEAM event at Wilson on Saturday, April 21st (from 10 am - 2 pm). The event will allow for the Wilson family to come together to learn more about STEAM while having fun!
We are looking for adults with expertise who can present a hands-on activity or teach a skill related to any of the STEAM areas.
Please contact Elizabeth Lennox at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of anyone who would help by presenting, would like to volunteer or if you have any questions.
"Learner Centered Innovation"
Please review the Google Slides below that give a quick highlight of a book study that Mary and I are currently in. Hopefully, it will spark some ideas and questions for our brainstorming Wednesday afternoon!
Week At A Glance
- 3rd Grade Collaborative Team Time
- CPR Course - 3:30
- 2nd Collaborative Team Time
- 1st Collaborative Team Time
- Submit Title I Timesheets to Michelle
- 3:30 - Team Leader Meeting
- Kinder Collaborative Team Time
- "Duck & Cover" Drill
Friday - No School!