History T.J. Murray
- An estimated 49 million have died through abortion in America since 1973.
- When you total up all forms of abortion, including those caused by the abortion drug RU 486, the grand total comes to more than a million abortions performed in the United States every single year. 
- It's been reported that 41% of all New York City pregnancies end in abortion. 
- Some abortion clinics have been caught selling baby parts for medical research. 
- "Back-alley" abortions cause 68,000 maternal deaths each year in the 33 countries where abortion is not legal or available, according to the World Health Organization in Oct. 2006. 
- Black women are 4.5 times as likely as white women to have an abortion, and about 1,876 black fetuses are aborted every day. 
- 87% of US counties do not provide abortion services. 
- The US abortion rate fell 29% between 1990 and 2005, from 27.4 to 19.4 abortions per 1,000 women of childbearing age, before leveling out from 2005-2008. 
- An abortion can cost anywhere from around $350 to more than $1,000. In 2009, it was estimated that a total of $831 million is spent on abortions annually. 
Effects On America!
Some effects of the legalization of abortion have impacted men, which might be a surprise to some people. Men might feel that they don't have a say about what is done with their child. Men who take advantage of women see abortion as a way out of taking responsibility for a child. 
Women who have access to abortions often choose to focus on their careers, waiting to have children later in life only to discover they have fertility issues. While pro-choice people state that abortion protects kids from abusive situations, the opposite has been shown to be true. In our society, some children who are born are seen by their parents as property, and in their minds, they can do whatever they want to the child. 
The number of abortions add up to a loss of 30% of a younger generation, a disproportionate number is blacks and Hispanics. A smaller generation means less people to produce, buy, and use products. The economy of America will pay a price for the loss of the potential of these aborted babies. 
Republicans say that they affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. They support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment's protections apply to unborn children. The majority of republicans are pro life. The republican party was based on no human is the property of another human. 
The Democrat's position is that it is a woman's right to make decisions regarding her pregnancy, including a safe and legal abortion, regardless of ability to pay. They oppose any and all efforts to weaken or undermine that right. Abortion is an intensely personal decision between a woman, her family, her doctor, and her clergy; there is no place for politicians or government to get in the way. 
Within a few weeks of conception it is possible to see the embryo pulsating, which is basically the baby's heart. How can you say that it isn't alive? And if you don't think so, when does it become alive? Is there a point, when one day it is not a human, but the next day it is? Or Is it when the baby could survive outside of the mother? Because that depends on the medical care available. If you have great medical care, the baby can live outside the mother much earlier than if the care is not available.
Being able to watch my nieces in an ultrasound before they were born was an incredible experience. Their profiles after they were born looked just like they did in the ultrasounds. When I think about them being torn apart by a vacuum in an abortion, it makes me feel very protective of them.
I also know people that want to have a baby but can't. They would take such good care of a baby and if some of these aborted babies were allowed to live, they might be raised by great parents.
Life. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2013. <http://www.life.org.nz/abortion/
 Military Factory. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2013.
 Abortion. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2013. <http://abortion.procon.org/>.
 Movement For A Better America. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2013.<http://www.movementforabetteramerica.org/economicimpact.html>.
 abort73. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2013. <http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_history/>
 ontheissues. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2013. <http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/ACLU_Abortion.htm>.