Chapman Chargers Update
Good afternoon Chapman Families!
Don't forget that there is NO SCHOOL for students on Tuesday, November 6th! Report cards will be sent home early November.
*The November Lunch Menu is now attached to this newsletter!
Thank you for all of the participation and support for our families in the penny war and Socktober. I am blown away by our community and am SO thankful! I love how we continue to take care of our own.
* This past week there were a couple of mornings that the car pool was not managed by t a staff member. Please make sure you follow the same procedures. Overall, it went pretty smoothly. Please remember for your safety and the safety of the students to please only get out on the curb side of the car. If you have to get out of the car for any reason please park in the parking lot to do so. Please stay in line in car pool and not cut around. This is for the safety of the families that are crossing the car pool lane. I appreciate all the great work and how smoothly the morning drop off procedures are going! Well done!
* Watchdogs are up and running! If you would like to volunteer to be a Watchdog, please go to this link to sign up! Thank you in advance to all of our Watchdogs!
** Literacy Night for grades K-3 will be November 15th. We are very excited about this event and hope all lower-elementary students and their families will participate. Please make sure you RSVP for this event no later than November 2nd. You won't want to miss it! See attached flyer.
* The next PTO meeting will be Tuesday, November 13th at 6 PM
* Please make sure that all students have coats when they come to school! We are in that transition of cooler weather and I would hate to have students miss a needed reason because they are not dressed appropriately. If your child is in need of a coat, please contact me and I will make sure that they have one.
Other Important Dates to Remember:
11/6 No School- Rock the Vote!
11/7 5th Grade Music Field Trip
11/7 Otis Spunkmeyer Delivery
11/8 A & W Fundraiser
11/10 Craft Show at Carlson (see flyer below)
11/13 Banking Day
11/13 PTO Meeting 6 PM
11/14 Box Top Luncheon sponsored by PTO
11/16 Fundraising Winners' Limo Ride Sponsored by PTO (Tentative)
11/20 Turkey Trot- Lake Erie Metro Park
11/21 Half Day
11/22-11/23 No School Happy Thanksgiving
* It is that time a year where we have to be very careful about sending our students to school when they are not feeling well. Remember that students should be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us and we can help in making a decision.
* Please like our Facebook page Chapman Elementary (SEARCH FOR @GSDChapman on Facebook or follow this link https://www.facebook.com/pg/GSDChapman/services/?ref=page_internal ) and follow us on Twitter @guizzettiland #GSDChapman. This is a great way to stay informed of school happenings throughout the year.
Count On Me,
Principal, Chapman Elementary