A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of January 22, 2018
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- Reserve the January Makerspace Cart!
- Community Meeting on Monday, January 22 at 6:00 pm
- Writing Coaching on Tuesday, January 23
- Mobile Art Exhibit for 5th Grade on Tuesday, January 23
- 3rd Grade Make & Take with Mr. A on Wednesday, January 24
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, January 24 (Including TELPAS Training)
- Lunch & Learn on Thursday, January 25
- Math PLCs on Friday, January 26
- Mayborn Visits Kindergarten on Friday, January 26 (Library Closed 11:30-3:00)
- CTCTM Math Conference on Saturday, January 27 at UHS
COMING UP! Fire Drill & Shelter In Place Drills this Month, MOY RTI Updates with Maynard Week of 1/29
The grade level should decide on a work sample to discuss at the meeting. Bring an example of low, medium and high.
From Your Captain
Speaking of our February theme, we will be kicking off the month with a special book sharing event. Please bring one of your favorite books to our faculty meeting on Wednesday, February 7. The book can be any type or genre. We look forward to hearing more about your favorite books!
Box Tops for Education
Here is another EASY way to get points for your House!! Encourage your students to bring Boxtops. Koenig will track the points but the boxtops MUST be labeled with the teacher name on the bag/envelope (expired boxtops won't be counted). Remember that boxtops means $$ for our school!
To access the forms, click below: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-K4A8d_dcVsXzVpYjN1bFBRRmM?usp=sharing
You will need to print and complete the following forms (with parent signature/input): Checklist, Nomination Form, Teacher Questionnaire, Parent Questionnaire, Student Questionnaire (grades 2 and up). Turn completed forms into Mrs. Helton and see her for any questions!
Seesaw Reading Stations
If you would like her to come to your class and help you implement a SeeSaw activity as a reading station, please let her know!
College & Career Month
Email Mrs. Maynard your names/contacts for Career Day (February 8)!
This month we are celebrating college and career readiness! We encourage you and your students to discuss college and career during the month. Your class can earn House Points this month by doing activities related to career and college readiness (IE: door decoration or hallway work displayed, college/career project, special speaker, etc). Just email Mrs. Helton with your activity to earn points.
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing: