Eagle Express | 9.2.22
Orchard Park Elementary
Monday, September 5 | NO SCHOOL - Labor Day
Friday, September 9 | Go Gold! for Pediatric Cancer Awareness (Wear yellow or gold)
Wednesday, September 14 | PTO Meeting @ 7pm
Wednesday, September 21 | Battle of the Books Kick-off Meeting @ 6:30pm
Thursday, September 29 | Booster Kick-off!
Friday, September 30 | Early Release @ 12pm
Friday, October 7 | Booster FUN RUN!
Meeting: Join us Wednesday, Sept 14th at 7:00 p.m. in the school cafeteria for our first parent meeting to hear about the OPES Eagle Pride and Eagle Ticket program. Childcare is provided.
Support: Want to support OPES quickly and easily, don't forget to link your Grocery Accounts!! HT requires you to re-link your cards each August. Currently we only have 58 VIC cards linked, let's make that number grow!!
- Harris Teeter: Relink your VIC Card by signing in to your VIC account online. Under account settings – Together in Education, search for OPES. Our school code is 4654. Each time you use a VIC Card, a percentage of your purchase is donated to our school!!
- Publix Partners: Sign up for Publix Partners through your Publix.com account and select Orchard Park as your designated school. Then, just enter your phone number at checkout each time you make a purchase at Publix.
Event: Go GOLD on Friday September 9th
Students and staff are encouraged to wear gold (or yellow) in honor of the 43 children a day diagnosed with pediatric cancer. We are collecting crayons, play doh, and character band aids for the Pediatric Oncology clinic at Levine Children's Hospital. Send the items in with your student or drop them in the front office.
“The Main Event of the Year | Save the Dates”
We are excited to kick off our Orchard Park Elementary Fun Run on 09/29/2022. Our goal is to raise $40,000 for strengthening the Orchard Park community and to strengthen our school community.
Our school has always relied on fundraising to provide exceptional opportunities to enhance student learning and we need YOUR HELP registering your student(s) and sharing with friends and family.
Mark your calendars for the Orchard Park Elementary Fun Run fundraiser kicking off soon!
Key dates to remember:
● REGISTRATION OPENS - 09/15/2022
Register on MYBOOSTER.COM
● Orchard Park Elementary Fun Run Kick Off - 09/29/2022
● Event Day - 10/07/2022
We are grateful for our Orchard Park Elementary family! Thank you for your support this year.
Some ongoing assessments include:
- F&P and Running Records Reading assessments
- STAR Reading and STAR Math
- SSRI-IE screener
Classroom teachers can share information about these assessments in upcoming parent/teacher conferences.
Communciation is KEY!
Parents should always communicate directly with their child’s homeroom teacher, but it is sometimes beneficial to copy other OPES employees. This will ensure streamlined communication in the event the homeroom teacher is out and has a substitute. See this document with information about who to contact.