A congenital disorder of movement, muscle tone, or posture.
How can it prevented?
- test for immunity to rubella (mother)
- vaccination for rubella if not immune
- baby is properly positioned in back seat
- vaccinations for baby to protect against meningitis
- mother avoids all alcohol and drugs while pregnant
How can it be detected?
- notice developmental delay or impaired muscle tone
- cranial ultrasounds, CT scan, and MRIs
How can it be treated?
- adaptive equipment
- drug therapy
- surgical interventions