Meadow Brook Staff Newsletter
Week of September 4
Quote of the Week
It’s the teacher that makes the difference, not the classroom.
– Michael Morpurgo
We will really dig into our STAR and look at individual student results. There is so much information embedded in the data that will help us make effective instructional decisions for kids.
This is a direct link to the shared PLC folder. Once you open it you may want to star it so it won't get lost in the "Shared with Me" folder.
We will have these in the cafeteria starting at 8:00 and lasting no more than 15 minutes.
- Please make sure that you are consistently taking attendance every hour.
- We have more technology!!! Geromy and his crew are getting the additional chrome carts up and going. As soon as they are ready we will assign them to the teams.
- Until then, check them out go through Jessica Pool in the Maker Lab.
Things to look forward to:
- Character Trait names: If you have not already contacted parents to let them know their student is being recognized at the GRIT Assembly please email or call them.
- Don't forget about your GCN Training. https://sites.google.com/mustangps.org/professional-development
- Labor Day - September 3, 2018 (No School)
- Professional Day- September 14- schedule coming
- Teacher Collaboration Day/ LEGO training - September 17- schedule coming
- A couple of really big "WINS!!"
- Jennifer Edwards praised the Life Apps teachers for their unity and amazing start to the school year.
- Also, amazing job to everyone involved in the STAR testing. We assessed, looked at data, and made schedule changes for CARE. A definite Instructional WIN for kids!
HOW TO "GIVE" A GRIT TICKET:
1) Verbally acknowledge and praise GRIT behavior.
2) Fill out a GRIT ticket. You can use the back of the ticket to further describe why the GRIT ticket is being given.
3) Turn it into the office for us to announce during announcements. We will write down the student's name for the monthly drawing.
4) We will then return the GRIT ticket back to you to give to the student to take home.