News of the Week
Here are a few reminders for next week:
- Would anyone like to be our PIR (Promoting Incredible Readers) mom or dad and come weekly to the classroom to hear what the children are reading? We do not have a volunteer for this yet.
- Please make sure you order your $7 kindergarten grade level t-shirt! The deadline is August 25th and they cannot be ordered later in the year. There is an order form in Friday Folders this week or you can pay online at My Payments Plus.
- Ready to learn a lot about our kindergarten year? Please plan to attend our Curriculum Night on Thursday, August 24th at 6:30pm. We will meet in our classroom.
- Thank you for sending a couple of snacks with your kiddos each day. You wouldn't believe how sad they get when they don't have a snack. Snack is a really huge deal in kindergarten!
- Need to see the breakfast or lunch menu each month? Please visit: http://gwinnett.nutrislice.com/
- We have had a great week learning about how to be excellent students! Please check out some pictures below!
Solar Eclipse Information
Monday, August 21st
You will see a yellow paper with information regarding our solar eclipse plan in your child's folder. If your child will be here at school that day and you wish for them to go outside to view the eclipse, you must sign the permission form. Please also send in $1 for their viewing glasses. Any children without permission slips will be viewing it on TV in the cafeteria.
If you are worried about them being outside during the eclipse or wish to enjoy it as a family, you may check your child out. Any child that is here until at least 12:06pm is counted as present for the full day.
Don't forget that we have school until 4:20pm that day! (One hour later than usual)
Please let me know if you have questions.
...Skills We Will Work On Next Week...
Reading & Writing
Science & Social Studies
Reading & Writing
- Next week we begin our one-on-one assessments to gather baseline data on each child
- We are also working on learning how to be a great reader in reader's workshop
- We are learning how to do writer's workshop!