Anti-Social Personality Disorder
By Eanna Moss
Type of disorder: Personality Disorder
- Disregardful for right and wrong
- Using charm to manipulate others for personal gain or for personal pleasure
- Child abuse or neglect
- Lack of empathy for others
- Lack of remorse about harming others
- Poor or abusive relationships
- Irresponsible work behavior
- Consistent lying
- It cant be cured but treatment can help
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Can last years or be life long
- If not treated other disorders can develop
- Unnecessary risk taking or dangerous behavior
- Caused by genetics from parents
- Caused by environments- surroundings a person grew up in, relationships with family members and others.
- A common disorder
- Have had symptoms before age 15
- Being age 18 when officially diagnosed with Anti- Social Personality Disorder.
- There is no specific gender, race or ethnicity affected.
Current research: Research on this disorder is up to date. Over time this disorder has gotten easier to help with.
Connections: I can relate this to the Joker In Batman because he constantly is breaking the law. He does multiple crimes throughout the movie and gets pleasure doing them. He intentionally goes out of his way to hurt Batman and others. He has lack of remorse for hurting others physically and mentally. Lastly, he justify his behavior making him think his actions are okay.
Treatment consists of:
- Talk Therapy with a professional
- Medications like anti psychotic,anti depressant or mood stabilizing medication.
- Support groups
Psychotherapy- is the verbal action of talking to a professional who is seeking help with a psychological problem. This type of therapy doesn't involve using drugs and is meant to help the patient talk out their problems.